Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I dont know if any of you read my post on the "bricking" my car experiences after I fill up. Lately it seems to have gotten a little worse, and then today my Check Engine lite came on. Milage is something like 50,500 or so. It that common for the light to come on at that milage? I know on my Bronco they recommended I change the O2 sensor at 75,000, and a bad sensor will cause the lite to come on, but the light never came on in my Bronco (yes it did work) and when I changed the O2 sensor, it radically improved my milage, up from 10 to 12. I know 2 MPG doesnt sound like a lot, but you have to consider on those gas guzzlers, that is a BIG difference, like a 20% increase.

Anyway I plan on taking this thing to Mastro and have them plug it in again. I am just wondering what to expect.

Derek

·
MY BBEAST
2016 SUBARU FORESTER 2.5i AUTO-MATIC
714 Posts
Try to disconnect your neg battery terminal, step on the brakes for a few seconds then check your gas filler cap make sure its tight. then reconnect your negative battery terminal. then start it agn
see if it CEL goes out.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lite is off

Hey all,

I forgot to post this the other day. I checked the gas cap as instructed and it was tight. The light stayed on, and I already had the appointment for Mastro, so I went in.

They plugged it in, and said the were getting a #P0483 cooling fans. They checked the fans, and connections and said that everything was ok. The light has not come back on since then.

The first time I remember seeing the light on, was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for my boss to come in. I had been sitting, engine running with the heater, it ws about 55 degrees outside or so. I was sitting for about 3 minutes when I noticed the light.

I wish I had a scanner to hook up. This seemed like a simple issue, something I could have checked myself and saved a trip to the dealer. I live about 60 miles away, so its a day trip for me. The dealer did not charge me anything for the diagnosis, so I was greatful for that, but still my day was shot.

Derek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts