Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try and explain this as best as possible, so please bear with me.

So, while driving at a consistent speed on the street or freeway my car is usually right around 2600/2700 RPM, and it seems like there's this really small threshold where if I put just a little more, or little less pressure on the gas pedal the car shudders or jerks. It feels similar to when you put a car with a manual trans in a high gear at a really low speed, how it jerks when it's gonna stall, but milder and quicker. It also does it when I have the cruise control on. Any info is greatly appreciated.

1998 Forester "S" with an automatic trans.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
474 Posts
Check your spark plugs. I had a damaged plug and it would do the same when accelerating. Felt almost as if fuel cut was happening.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say damaged plug, what was damaged about it? Was it carbon fouled?

·
Registered
2006 MY07 XT Forester Automatic
27 Posts
Same problem with 2006 MY07 XT

I'll try and explain this as best as possible, so please bear with me.

So, while driving at a consistent speed on the street or freeway my car is usually right around 2600/2700 RPM, and it seems like there's this really small threshold where if I put just a little more, or little less pressure on the gas pedal the car shudders or jerks. It feels similar to when you put a car with a manual trans in a high gear at a really low speed, how it jerks when it's gonna stall, but milder and quicker. It also does it when I have the cruise control on. Any info is greatly appreciated.

1998 Forester "S" with an automatic trans.
Hey Noobaru,
How did you go with this problem? I have a 2006 MY07 XT Auto that is doing the same thing. Tried explaining it to subaru several time and have not been able to resolve it. I have tried new plugs and even had the timing belt and bearings change and still have the same bloody problem.
Cheers

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
I had something like this for a long time and it's very irritating. Have a look at my post "jerky on the overrun" in the 2.0 turbo engine section. I think I finally have closure and quite cheaply too:woohoo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts