Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2003 Impreza wagon at a local pick and pull with 60k on it. I believe it was a 2.5, but I have come to find out they also came with 2.0 n/a's?

Anyhow, I was thinking of getting the engine as a spare for my 1999 foz, but how close are the engines?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
It will fit/work, However to keep things simple use you original intake, sensors, wiring harness..... As far as the long block assembly itself it will fit and run as it should if you keep those items.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
No 2.0 N/A in the US. There used to be a 2.2 version (Outback Sport), but all 02+ N/A Imprezas are 2.5.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,815 Posts
I found a 2003 Impreza wagon at a local pick and pull with 60k on it.
Which junkyard? No, I won't go steal your engine. But it would be good to know the places that actually tend to have our kind of car in the lot. I've been to Crazy Ray's in Jessup a few times and found just one Subaru each time.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was in one of the crazy rays. I know of one junkyard called Hartlub's in Gettysburg that has a bunch of subaru's but the guy is a real dick to deal with, and his prices vary from good to ****.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,815 Posts
Thanks. You never know what sort of number they're going to come up with. I got really hosed by a guy over on Rte 3 who recognized me as not being of his kind. (No tattoos and semi-respectable clothing). Crazy Ray at least has posted pricelists for some of the common items, and the prices seem quite reasonable. The Brandywine places also struck me as pretty good, though I haven't been to them in years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts