Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTE
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had a code read by my diagnostic tool : P2432 Secondary air system. The short term fuel trim was 0, long term fuel trim -0.79 After a bit of googling it would seem the engine is running rich.
Things to check in order:

Spilit hoses
O2 sensors
MAF
SAI pressure sensors

have I covered everything? Have swapped over to Optimax, could this make the engine run richer or exacerbate the problem?

Mass airflow readings 12.22g @17.64% throttle engine speed 3687rpm

cheeers nuts

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Secondary air system is only used briefly at cold start up, so won't affect normal running.

From Don's kind information
P2432 Secondary Air Injection System Air
Flow /Pressure Sensor Circuit Low.

Is the air pump running.

Also see

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/secondary-air-injection-67750/

Max.

Ps to make things easier could you post year and model.

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTE
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its 2.5 XT on a 55 plate.

Funny you should say 'cold start system'. previously on a cold start I thought it was idling normally although a little low, never lumpy or cut out. After I had reset the code, the engine yesterday on cold start idled a lot higher after a few seconds around 1500 rpm. Same again today. However I would say that the fuel consumption is up slightly. The code has not come back either. Will have a listen for the pump tomorrow.

cheers nuts

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Secondary air only puts air into the exhaust before the cat when the mixture is rich. Don't think it would affect the running of the engine. I did read a post about removing the system all together and that just involved blanking off the exhaust flanges. It didn't alter the emisions readings in any way.

Do a search for P1410, that is the more common error code.

Max.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts