Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The Engine check light for my Subaru Forester (2003) for the first time today:30/06/2010. I know that ECM can store sensor defect in a memory. I'm Wondering if someone can help wih the Engine check light codes that will help to investigate the problem.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Your best solution is to have a garage or auto supply shop that is capable of reading the code with a OBD2 reader. That code will help identify the problem. Here are some of the codes Subaru Trouble Codes - Subaru-specific OBD-II Trouble Codes

Some of the most common causes of a check engine light are, gas cap not on tight and front oxygen sensor failure, But instead of guessing get the code read.

Keep us posted here.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
217 Posts
In addition to what the others have mentioned, please have the person who is reading your codes to also read the freeze frame data and tell you what the Short Term Fuel Trim and Long Term Fuel Trim values are (and also post them here). These are important parameters to know when troubleshooting a driveability problem.

Regards,
paul...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,065 Posts
Yes. Step 1: Check the gas cap. Step 2: If that doesn't cure it, get the code read. Anything else is a guess that would just waste your time.

It appears that you're in Saudi Arabia. It would be useful for you to add that to your profile, as there are probably some people out there who don't know where Jeddah is located. Otherwise you'll probably get suggestions like "Drive over to your friendly neighborhood AutoZone and they'll read the code for free!" Or maybe you do indeed have a friendly neighborhood AutoZone?

And if you put the vital info about your Forester into your signature, you don't have to remember to tell us about it the next time you have a question. You can get to both profile and signature through the Quick Links pulldown in the tan bar at the top of every page here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts