Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I suspect the engine brace/pitch stopper/dog bone thing on my car has seen better days. Dealer quoted £46.79 + vat but tells me he has to order from Japan :huh:

I found nothing on ebay under that description. Can they be rebushed, or someone recommend a supplier in the UK that may stock them?

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Sorry but I have no idea what you are on about

"engine brace/pitch stopper/dog bone thing"

???????

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
Be careful what you buy ...you have to make sure it is Forester fitment as i tried an Impreza pitch stopper on mine and it didn't fit ...think it was too short if i remember ...why do you think that has perished ? mine has done 140,000k and is still fine , are you sure its not the engine mounts or gear box mounts or shifter coupling ??

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that's the thing. Everyone I talk to calls it something different.

Feels like the engine is moving forwards and backwards and thought this might be the culprit. 140,000k miles is alot of miles :biggrin: mine has done only 133k miles. I'll check out the other mounts.

Thanks for the help :icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Be careful what you buy ...you have to make sure it is Forester fitment as i tried an Impreza pitch stopper on mine and it didn't fit ...think it was too short if i remember ...why do you think that has perished ? mine has done 140,000k and is still fine , are you sure its not the engine mounts or gear box mounts or shifter coupling ??
I didn't realise there was a Forester fitment... mine is Impreza fitment and fits perfectly. My old pitch stopper is identical to the one on my sister's Impreza and my mom's Legacy.

I guess that's something to check though...

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Same of the aftermarket ones are said to transmit noise/vibes into the car. In fact some say the STI one will do the same. I'd put an STI one on because I think mine is a bit weary but for the NVH potential and the fact that it's a bit of a pain to put then take off if you don't like it.

If you find out be sure to post results.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
AFAIK All Impreza/Forester/Legacy pitch stoppers have the same mounting hole centres dimension. so should not be a problem to fit. Depending upon bush degradation you may have to shift the engine slightly to get the holes to line up.

Check fitment then!
Rod assembly-pitching stopper, 41040AC000 ? Subaru parts catalog is listed for 97-00
Rod assembly-pitching stopper, 41040AE010 ? Subaru parts catalog is listed for 01/02 SF

Simon [/unquote]

The different part numbers refer to the construction materials.
Early SF's were made from metal, later ones from plastic/resin.

The main difference between the various models is the hardness of the rubber bushing. Needless to say the Forester versions are probably the softest.

Same of the aftermarket ones are said to transmit noise/vibes into the car. In fact some say the STI one will do the same. I'd put an STI one on because I think mine is a bit weary but for the NVH potential and the fact that it's a bit of a pain to put then take off if you don't like it.

If you find out be sure to post results.

Over on NASIOC they've found that the pitch stopper fitted to the US 2005 WRX STi is the same as the Group N one.
Group-N Pitch Mount identical to '05 Pitch Mount? - NASIOC

Here is revised link to IWSTI thread...http://www.iwsti.com/forums/drivetr...-n-engine-mount-install-pitch-mount-info.html

Here in the UK that PS is standard fit to all WRX's there being no difference between std WRX and WRX STi

UK Part No for this is 41040FE000 (The SPT part number is D1040FE000)

Fitted one of these to my MY03XT as I was getting vibration through the steering under heavy acceleration.
The engine was moving back enough for the bell mouthed sports cat downpipe to make contact with the steering knuckle.
Since fitting no problems and no increase in NVH.

As stated above aftermarket pitch stoppers equipped with polyurethane bushings tend to transmit far too much NVH to the cabin and there are many posts on various BBS of people fitting them and then swapping back because of the noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts