Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.0D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my 09 Forester Diesel gave me these two lights when I was going to work in the morning.

I checked the handbook and it told me that the engine light could be an indication on a failure in the exhaust system. I called the dealsership and booked time for the next day only to come home to a letter from the national Subaru branch telling me that my car needed to go back to the dealership to have the exhaust system tuned due to a software problem as they put it.

Do anyone know what this means and what this could lead to?

From the talk I had with the tech at the dealership they (Subaru) claims that it could be related to the diesel particulate filter being used in extremely cold weather, and the winter has been pretty chilly lately with several days below -30 degrees Celsius.

-KJ

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
You might want to also post this in the Engine and Exhaust Forum. There is a sub-forum for the diesel models, you might have luck there, There aren't many threads to look through so someone may have already posted something about the software update.

Sadly North America does not get the diesel (yet). Hope you are enjoying it none the less.

Good luck

Expand your display options at the bottom of the page in the diesel section, I think you'll find an answer.

·
Registered
2009 2.0D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tip! :)

I find it very enjoyable. Far beyond any other car I've driven so far.

Let's just hope it can live up to the problem free ownership I was promised by the sales rep ;)

-KJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts