Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doggone it! My son's always putting on that E-brake when he parks it in the garage. The warm weather has made the garage floor damp and now it's stuck good. He tried to move it but it won't budge.

I figured, maybe tap the rear drums with a ballpein hammer, but I better ask for you guys advice, first. Pretty sure it's drums in back, disks in front.

Thanx a bunch, guys. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
I don't know about Hondas, but on many cars / trucks setting the parking brake also adjusts your rear brakes (or at least used to). Unless I have been AutoX-ing, I always use the parking brake when I park.

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but how do I get the E-brake loose? The car is useless, the way it is now. Anybody got any suggestions???

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
when in doubt hit it with a hammer, smack the rear drums and I bet you'll see some dust/rust fall out. Shouldn't have to hit them hard just a couple good taps

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
rubber mallets are always good and normally its not a cable getting caught up on something but that doesn't mean it can't be.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
Accord parking brake are actually part of the caliper. Just hit the parking brake adjuster, Cam actuator and cable with high strength penetrant and let it sit for a few hours. If it did not loosen up you might have to heat it with torch to break the corrosion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts