Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 99 Subaru Forester shipped from U.S. to Germany. In that process, the shipping company in the U.S. did not disconnect the battery. As a consequence of that, when I picked up the car here in Germany, the battery was initally dead so I had to get a jump start. The care is running again, but the parking lights and dash lights continue to flash on and off even when the key is off!! Is there some sort of reset that has to be done after the battery has been completey dead for awhile?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,672 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Bobby,

Thanks for the help yesterday! It worked perfectly! When I got to work yesterday, I had to disconnect the battery ground again because the lights wouldn't stop flashing. After I got your message, I went outside, reconnected the battery (which of course started the lights flashing again), put the key in the ignition, turned it to the on position, and then held the "unlock" button down for a couple of seconds...after the initial sound of the doors unlocking there was another audible sort of click and then...to my great joy...the lights stopped flashing! :). You not only saved me from having to take the car in to someone to figure this out, but also probably saved me a ton of money! Again, my sincere thanks!

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,672 Posts
Always good to hear that the information offerred actually helped! :cool:

I hope you decide to hang around the forum. Lots of great information to be found here & before long, you'll be adding to it! :wink:

Bobby...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts