Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
04 XT Cobb stage 2 MT
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to start my car yesterday after work to find that it was completely dead. The remote unlock worked two minutes prior! Anyways I had a friend give me a jump but it wouldn't start from the battery, we had to put the positive on the alternator to get it to start. I went to get the battery tested and it tested good.

Now driving down the road whenever I touched the brakes the ABS light would come on, the hand brake light would come on, all the back lighting would flicker on and off and the compass on the mirror would freak out. This lasted about 20 minutes then everything was fine.

What could the problem be? I'm thinking one of two things, the alternator or the starter. There is a third thought. I skipped my 60K tune and am coming up on my 90K (87K) and somehow my car knows that I have skipped this and is giving me all sorts of problems so that I will take it to the stealership. A Subaru conspiracy.

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
I am guessing a battery cable has internal corrosion. The low voltage is causing all the other issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts