Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT AT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share some pictures of the EJ25 forester project i am working on and mabee get some tips and info from you guys.

Ok... so here is how this all came about. a few months ago my wife was driving her 04 FXT to work. when she got there she realized that something was wrong. (probably due to the fact that the water gauge was burried in the red and steam was pouring out of the hood). NOT HER FAULT THOUGH....RIGHT??? anyways, so i get the car home and find out that the radiator had a leak there was hardly any coolent left in the engine.

so i began the work. ordered new belts, radiator, thermostat, plugs (which are not cheap BTW!!) and temp sensor. checked the oil and there were no signs of coolant. the engine had roughly 100,000 on it and i was very concerned about the head gaskets but since i couldn't find any sings of a leak i just decided to let them go. got everything back together and it ran like a champ.

three weeks ago we had a check engine like that kept comming on. I drove the car for a few days trying to figure out the problem....thats when it happened.... smoke out the tail pipe like crazy, blown turbo. i called around and got prices to fix this problem which included replacement of the turbo, the intercooler and the downstream cat minimum, the prices i got ranged from 2,200 to 2,900 just for the parts. so i decided, if im going to spend that kind of money ill just (as i told the wife) do a few minor upgrades :)

so here is where i am at right now...
1. replacing all gaskets for heads on up.
2. installing 3" invidia exhaust from the turbo back along with up pipe
3. i have the cobb access port v2 on the way (should be here today)
4. also ordered blouch 16g turbo

any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,079 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Keep in mind, you're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,079 Posts
Thumbnails are okay. It's all I used when I joined the forum. The down side is that they're more difficult to view & it's easy to use up all your allotted forum storage space. :frown:

I'd suggest posting to new member introductions & other forum posts (off topic don't count) to get your 15 reqired post so you can link to a host. :wink:

If you're into MODding, you might consider starting your own Member Journal. :smile:

Looking forward to your pictures! :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
04 FXT AT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts