Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Can anyone guide me to some posts or swap threads that explain what is required for this swap, I picked up a Forester XT with a bunch of miles on it, JDM in Orlando has EJ20x motors for about 700.00 bucks, I was thinking of getting one for the future if the swap is not too complicated.

Thanks in advance

George

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help you with the swap, but i did just pick up an 05 XT that had this swap already done. Seems to be fairly well done. I know i have the stock ECU still (per my mechanic) and there are no CEL codes related to the swap.
Hello
thanks for the response, I called the guys at JDM Orlando and asked about the mods needed and the guy told me I do not have to do any mods as long as I use all the accessories from my EJ25 including the turbo, basically just using the EJ20X as a long block, we will see what happens, I will post something as soon as I attempt the swap.

Thanks

George

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Auto
1,069 Posts
Hello
thanks for the response, I called the guys at JDM Orlando and asked about the mods needed and the guy told me I do not have to do any mods as long as I use all the accessories from my EJ25 including the turbo, basically just using the EJ20X as a long block, we will see what happens, I will post something as soon as I attempt the swap.

Thanks

George
Good luck! I'll definitely be interested to see that.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
9 Posts
Hello

Thanks

George

Hey buddy how did this work out?

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT
2 Posts
Any updates? My son and I are picking up a EJ20X from JDM Orlando tomorrow morning and planning on doing this swap in later Feb. We'll post lots of pics & comment along our journey.

The current engine is completely stock expect for a Cobb AP and has 256,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
Can anyone guide me to some posts or swap threads that explain what is required for this swap, I picked up a Forester XT with a bunch of miles on it, JDM in Orlando has EJ20x motors for about 700.00 bucks, I was thinking of getting one for the future if the swap is not too complicated.

Thanks in advance

George
I can hel you what year is the forestor you can go many routs 2004 and older is harder and 2005 models are the easiest 2006 is just repining involved just like my 09 impreza 2.5i subscribe to my youtube channel I will be buying a forestor soon and recording the full swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates? My son and I are picking up a EJ20X from JDM Orlando tomorrow morning and planning on doing this swap in later Feb. We'll post lots of pics & comment along our journey.

The current engine is completely stock expect for a Cobb AP and has 256,000 miles.
I bought my motor from jdm Orlando and its been running strong for 2 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts