Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester GT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my 98 forester gt 5 s manual engine finally blew the head gasket and is now pressurizing real bad at 235k km

the engine is a EJ205NWZKE which is the factory 2L turbo

i have found a engine out of a 2001 wrx which is a EJ205NW4BB

would like to know would it be a straight swap and like in another post i read would i need to remap or just swap the ecu or run original ecu

also the new engine has the coils at the plugs as mine has the coil pack

thanks in advance to any advice

i am in australia

ps
i had to change the g/box earlier this year due to failure with a sti box i found at the time which the ratios were different to the original

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
This is a somewhat contentious subject Super Roo which is likely why help wasn't forthcoming. One camp says "no way" and the other says" it should work" and while no one was willing to offer up advice probably because they weren't sure about it, this hasn't been attempted by too many folks, there will be plenty of us with older cars like the S turbo, more than a little curious as to how you managed and what conversions or replacement had to be done. Ballemans question, is one of the most asked and causes significant worry for this job because the ECU controls a lot more than just the engine.

If you have the time and taking into account what I said above, could you post up the details of the process but under a new heading such as "WRX motor into GT Foz", perhaps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts