Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester xt 5-speed
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Here is my 05 XT 5-speed. The car has a vf39, sti inter cooler, turbo XS turbo back exhaust, APS 65mm intake, walbro 255, Perrin turbo inlet and Perrin up pipe, tuned via AP by Clark Tuning. Engine was replaced in the last 2000 miles. eBay importology replica lip, and 06-07 v-limited replica lip. Subframe spacer delete is done.
Wheels are 18x9.5 +40 sbc nto3 +m with 265/35-18 Dunlop direzza dz101.
Sits on sti JIC Magic flt-a2 coilovers.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Nice looking Foz.

Remember to be aware that your engine will be closer to your hood after the subframe spacer delete, you're likely going to have to modify your scoop splitter. It would be unfortunate to forget and drop the hood after you finish up and damaging your splitter and/or hood.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very nice! Where did you buy the lip from? There's a lot for sale on ebay but not too sure which vendor is reputable/trustworthy. Also, how was the fitment? Importology lips from years ago weren't that great compared to the actual Corazon lip.

·
Registered
05 Forester xt 5-speed
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it was importexcess or something like that. The lip takes some working to make it fit good. I think I paid $180 ish for both lips.

Got the subframe spacers removed today. The wrx shifter feels better as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think it was importexcess or something like that. The lip takes some working to make it fit good. I think I paid $180 ish for both lips.

Got the subframe spacers removed today. The wrx shifter feels better as well.
You got both lips from the same place? If you could let me know where, I'd appreciate it. It would be great to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Sorta Frush Forester 4EAT
1,779 Posts
Oh lawd! :cool: those NT-03's look beautiful on the cayanne red :bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
05 Forester xt 5-speed
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks dillchill. Bought some 265/35 dz101's to put on em, with some jic coil overs as well. Gotta get some pics of my retro on here too.

Spree, I'm having a hard time finding the auction now. I just searched for the forester lip and the same seller had the v-limited style lip. Importexcess I think.

·
Registered
2004 2.5XS 2.5L XS
28 Posts
Looks SICK !!! I know this is an older thread, I am new here just last week. I'll def. look for the lips. Curious about any info on the projector retrofit headlights. Any issues with install on those? And maybe cost? I think theres a retro kit at https://www.theretrofitsource.com/. Love the color as well. Nice Ride !!!

·
Premium Member
2004 2.5 XT Premium 4EAT
1,376 Posts
The retrofit is actually not too bad if you're even a little bit handy. From what i've seen the importology style lip requires a lot more patience. Patience i didn't have, which is why i have one just sitting in the shed, probably forever.

·
Registered
2005 WRX & Forester
4 Posts
Subframe spacer delete is done.
This is what I'm interested in getting more information about.

All of my Google searches in regard to the subframe spacer delete bring up info about the older SF and newer SH Forester, but not the SG, which is the car I'm working on for my son.

2005 Forester XT; my plan is to use 17" x 7.5" rims, 225/45/17 tyres (stock WRX size) along with coil-overs (probably TEIN at this point). From my reading, the subframe spacers should be deleted when lowering a Forester, but I just can't find any info on what actually needs to be done for the SG Forester.

Any help or guidance would be sincerely appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts