Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the available screens in the center information display on the 2019 Touring is "Favorites." It displays three indicators of the user's choice, with these available (according to the owner's manual):
  • Coolant temperature
  • Oil temperature
  • Average speed
  • Accelerator opening
  • Vehicle posture
  • Fuel consumption rate
  • Compass direction
  • Weather
  • Speed limit
  • Calendar
  • Driver Monitoring System status

I can't edit this screen. The current display shows vehicle posture, driver monitoring, and accelerator opening. I'd like to change that to oil temp, coolant temp, and speed limit. I'm trying to edit the screen with the INFO and "i/SET" buttons, but they have no effect. I've been able to edit other screens successfully using the same button combinations.

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
632 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have downloaded the PDF and printed the relevant page to use as a reference while trying to program this setting. I also have the hard copy of the manual, but at 538 pages, it's not always easy to refer to while pushing buttons. The problem is that the "Favorites" screen doesn't seem to know that I'm trying to program it. The "i/SET" buttons have no effect when I'm on that screen, although they work with the others.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you don't set the favorites at the Favorites screen.
you need to be at the screen where it ask you to hold info to bring up the settings and then from there you need to go to display/beep.
inside that submenu should be a favorites setting for you to change to what you want.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the ticket! Thanks much for your help. If you're ever in the neighborhood, it would be my pleasure to purchase the beverage of your choice for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts