Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 S Turbo
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I was reading through the threads regarding Cobb AccessPort stuff and the like, and was wondering what is available for older Foresters, like (coincidentally enough!) a 1999 2.0 litre S Turbo. There is definitely a diagnostic port under the steering column, but are older MY foresters less open to tuning by this route? Also, how are European models catered for? The Cobb system sounds quite like the PPC devices BSR produce in Sweden for Saabs and Volvos, does it operate in a similar manner? One final question (sorry!), unlike a few members here, waiting for 1000k to pass on the odometer is not an issue, as 100,000k has already passed :roll: , but do high mileage engines suffer from the stress of tuning more than their younger brethren?

Kind regards,

ian0

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chances are Cobb will only be supporting the newer vehicles and even then starting with USDM models. For non-USDM models two choices come to mind Ecutek or Utec. (There may be more though.) Chances are Ecutek are more what you want as it's a ECU reflash like Cobb and is often a custom tune for your car.

Ecutek
UTEC

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Ecutek can tune on a MY99 , or replacement Ecu's can be used ( like Apexi PFC ). Depends on the 'local' mapper. Who do the Irish guys use ? I know AndyF does a lot of work over there , but there may be some more local fellas.

There's a user called "Forester Gump" on scoobynet ( Alan is his real name ) with a mapped S-Turbo , he might be able to point you at a local fella ...

Cheers
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts