Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and girls

i want to upgrade my 04 XT and i thought an ECU tune or replacement would be on the cards but i don't know which one would better suit or be the best way to go.

i've had 1/2 a BAR boost added and i can definately feel the difference but i want a bit more.

i've thought of replacing the ECU with an STI unit but does it have to have the bigger turbo aswell?

theres also an option of getting it chipped which will cost me about $1500 which will give me a gain from 155kw to 178kw and the torque will go from 320nm to 360nm but with the extra boost i've had added will probably be more than those figures.

i know you guys have a lot more of an idea than i do so any info will be a great help

Cheers
Shane

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
hi guys and girls

i want to upgrade my 04 XT and i thought an ECU tune or replacement would be on the cards but i don't know which one would better suit or be the best way to go.

i've had 1/2 a BAR boost added and i can definately feel the difference but i want a bit more.

i've thought of replacing the ECU with an STI unit but does it have to have the bigger turbo aswell?

theres also an option of getting it chipped which will cost me about $1500 which will give me a gain from 155kw to 178kw and the torque will go from 320nm to 360nm but with the extra boost i've had added will probably be more than those figures.

i know you guys have a lot more of an idea than i do so any info will be a great help

Cheers
Shane
have you visited ozfoz.com.au? there's a good engine management section there with comments from some aussie tuners and plenty of discussion of ADM (australian domestic model) FXTs. i know of a australian tuner with the nickname kascade at ozfoz, perhaps you can pm him for advice? i'm not sure if he's based in vic or nsw.........

if you're going for conservative number increases, a reflash of your stock ecu will do. better to get a custom tune for your car. i've looked at wrx sti maps and they're very different in certain parameters ie. it's not plug and play.

IMHO a small turbo upgrade suited to your engine and a custom tune is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts