Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 forester XT 4EAT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to download the ecuflash 1.44 version, I can't install to my laptop. It is says to me that this software can not be install to this computer, help please

Thanks

Sent from...somewhere

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD
4,642 Posts
I have ECU flash working on windows 10 without an issue. Often times, if windows does not recognize a program as being one of its trusted ones, you have to run as an admin and force it to install. The option is there and its not always obvious. I had the same hiccup when I transfered everything to a new computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ECU flash working on windows 10 without an issue. Often times, if windows does not recognize a program as being one of its trusted ones, you have to run as an admin and force it to install. The option is there and its not always obvious. I had the same hiccup when I transfered everything to a new computer.

Are you running a stock reflashed ecu ?
I have a 2003 forester cross sport using window 10 and tactric open port 2.0 with ecu flash 1.44 but not getting to connect to car saying interfaced closed.
can you help me with that ?

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
@shakiel I dont believe any forester under 2006 can be accessed via tactrix for the naturally aspirated motors. I could be wrong, and people do make custom definition files, but i dont think it can be accessed unless its part of ROM raiders official list.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,605 Posts
@shakiel in the States... USDM, the '03 Forester ECM could not be user reprogrammed. We had to use a piggyback smart tuner on our '03 X when we installed an AVO turbo kit. The '04 XT ECM was user programmable. I seem to recall COBB, at one time, was programming NA - naturally aspirated ECM... don't remember what years, but not many sales, so that was dropped.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
COBB at one time, was programming NA - naturally aspirated ECM... don't remember what years, but not many sales, so that was dropped.
COBB did. 2006-2010 Impreza 2.5i and 08-09 legacy 2.5i models. I remember.

COBB used to also cover the 06+ Civic Si for a small time, 350Z's and the Mitsubishi EVO 8 \ 9. Id kill to get my hands on an AP for my 08 Legacy 2.5i just for funsies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts