Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a tire damaged about 3k miles ago that needed to be replaced, and since I was at 40k miles, I replaced all 4 with Ecopia 422 215/65r16 98T.

In the snow, my wife just busted one of them (only 3k miles) and Firestone replaced it with a Ecopia Deuler H/L 422 215/65r16 102v. They said they replaced it with the same tire, but I figured out later that they're slightly different. I called, and they said the others were no longer available and this was the closest match.

Should I be worried about this? The tire specs have the same diameter. They're all virtually still new. I certainly don't want to replace all 4 again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT Manual
219 Posts
Your original tire is still available. Make them get you another one. If you ride around as you are now, your diffs will suffer some wear and tear.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
I wouldn't.. but it's your transmission.

You are talking about two different models of tire;
Ecopia EP422 and Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia

It's nice that they both have the same word in the name and the numbers on the spec sheet look like they match, but the dueler weighs 26lbs while the Ecopia weighs 24lbs.. I can't think your subie is going to be happy spinning an extra 2lbs around one wheel..

<someone who has bought 4 new tires when one went flat at 11K..
Take your other three, put them on CL for $80ea, put money towards new set.

or order one from TireRack-$98+shipping

1 - 3 of 3 Posts