Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EBC Brake Pad and Rotor Part#s

NOTE: Pads are color coated for their corresponding type.

06' WRX/00'+ non-brembo STi/90'-96' 300ZX (4Pot pads front): DP21200 DP31200C DP41200R
Subaru 4pot sport rotor kit(front pair): GD972

Subaru 00'+ Legacy/Outback (pads rear):DP21293 DP31293C DP41293R
Subaru
00'+ Legacy/Outback (sport rotor kit rear pair): GD7203

FXT pads(front):DP21661 DP31661C DP41661R
FXT sport rotor kit(front pair):
GD972
FXT pads(rear):DP21687 DP31687C DP41687R
FXT sport rotor kit(rear pair): GD728

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
FWIW, I'm pulling my reds off after only 4K. They are chewing up my nice cryo treated rotors pretty bad. If anyone wants to try them you can have them for shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
SuperRü said:
FWIW, I'm pulling my reds off after only 4K. They are chewing up my nice cryo treated rotors pretty bad. If anyone wants to try them you can have them for shipping cost.
That is too bad. So the infamous Ceramic Red still chew up rotors. I am glad I went Green the first time around. I got over 30K miles on my Green pads and no problems.

S

·
0 Posts
I debated over the differenct compounds for my recent upgrade, which included Cryo'd rotors. I remembered a conversation, from my Porsche auto X days, with a guy that had put cryo'd drilled rotors on and some aggressive comp. pads and was chewing up rotors faster than pads. Now, I'm glad I went with the greens and so far they are working great.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuperRü said:
Wow, that sucks...I don't really have a choice b/c I need to put new pads on and already got a great deal on the reds. I will keep a close eye on them and see if they start to eat my rotors. If they do, then I will go w/ something else.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,732 Posts
BlueDevil said:
what does a good set of pads and rotors for the xt cost anyway? i could stand an upgrade in braking performance.
The best prices I found when I bought Greens for my XS were at www.ajusa.com and www.car-stuff.com . Both also offer free shipping.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically pads will run you about $140 on up for front and rear and rotors will run you about $350 on up for front and rears...and these are for brand new prices.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
tre36 said:
That is too bad. So the infamous Ceramic Red still chew up rotors.

I disagree.

the Ceramic Reds are fine on both my daily driver and my race car

something else is amiss.

brake bed-in incorrectly?

if they are properly bed in (this means NO TO ZERO STOPS)
You should not have any issued with them.

I've been running them for what?
2 years now?

love em!

Jamie

·
Registered
2006 Forester
174 Posts
I'm sure Brembo makes rotors and pads but what about drum brake shoes for the Forester? The brakes they make for high-performance motorcycles is at a level the others can hardly come close to. One thing I can be sure of- they will be expensive. I'll do some checking and see what they have.

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
So can we use FXT pads on Leg rear rotors with stock FXT calipers? Subegal said I need impreza rear pads on that setup...

·
admin
7,254 Posts
Jeffn said:
So can we use FXT pads on Leg rear rotors with stock FXT calipers? Subegal said I need impreza rear pads on that setup...
You will need to use Legacy caliper brackets with the Legacy rear (H6) rotors . The brackets hold the pads. Forester pads don't fit in the Legacy brackets. The pad tabs /ears are different.

You can take what Subie Gal says to the bank. It is almost always golden.:grin:

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Now I comprendo...WRX pads the same as Imprezas?

·
admin
7,254 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts