Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 L
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done some searching on here and i see that many people here have ebay strut bars. I'm looking at something to put on my 02 SF. I see both single and doubt tubes for $20-$30ish on ebay. Opinions on which is better?

It would seem many people are running this one,

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
I think the double tube has slightly better fitment. I am using the single tube and it really wants to rub the AC lines on my 07. It's correctable but kind of annoying.

The double tube has the same issue, but from what I can tell based on pics it's not quite as bad as the single tube on SGs. I'm not sure if this would be different on an SF, though.

·
Registered
2002 L
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's alot of those on ebay right now. I'd have to repaint the pink, it says "Front Up Strut Brace Bar Subaru Impreza WRX STi 02 - 06" but i assume it should fit and 02SF too

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
there's alot of those on ebay right now. I'd have to repaint the pink, it says "Front Up Strut Brace Bar Subaru Impreza WRX STi 02 - 06" but i assume it should fit and 02SF too
I bought one of them for my 98SF, i think it was the 02-06 one, and it didn't fit. So make sure it will fit before you make the purchase. :)

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
For an SF front you need a pre 01 'classic' Impreza bar, SG uses the later front, both use the 02-> rear bar.

Simon

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5-spd
30 Posts
"The Rookie" has it right. The SF has a weird setup. You need the 93-01 Impreza bar up front, and the 02-07 WRX/STi bar in the back.
Everytime I'm poking around the forums, sea-scooby always has the answers. Thanks for the info sea-scooby!

- from an SF owner

·
Registered
1999 forester turbo SF5 automatic
170 Posts
anyone looking for these cusco or sti I can find em cheap here in Japan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts