Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 stb
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the exhausts for sale on ebay are any good ,loads on there .3" turbo back for impreza under £250 same length manifolds for £169 seams very cheap ,good feed back .some say fit not very good but any big bore exhaust in the old days needed bit of tweeking .just wondered if any one has tried one .also what is the differance bitween a fosy exhaust and an impreza and what does the same length manifold do if anything thanks dom

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Not certain on this but I seem to recollect that the equal length headers change the distinctive 'burble' of the flat four engine, also the larger bore means the gasses flow slower and turbo spool up is laggy ! On the up-pipe the lattice type of expansion joint has a life span of days (almost) but the welds on the cheaper pipes are prone to failure very early on.
Just be careful what you buy !

Cheers

Brian

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
equal length headers will get rid of the rumble.

from experience of the impreza lads in the SMACS is that most of the stuff off ebay is sh|te. There where some powder coated header on there a while ago and one of the lads bought them, they lasted 1 track days before the welds split. Seller wouldnt touch them so he had them welded and they lasted 6 months before they cracked!

You pays your money and makes your choice.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,436 Posts
I payed quite a bit of money for a hayward & scott set up a few years ago on my old Impreza and it was pants , up pipe didn't line up properly , the metal on the downpipe was too thin so it resonated too much and it threw the rest of the exhaust out of line .....hard to say which is best but the more you pay normally means better ........the one my brother ordered me from Japan a couple of years ago is great but probably about 55 million grand now what with the exchange rate !! :icon_rolleyes:

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Just a thought Dom-Tune, but if you are after an de-cat up-pipe to replace a catted one then you could do worse than getting an oem one. The Subaru one is really quite good !

Brian

·
Registered
1998 stb
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that its been a bit since i had a subaru and i am a bit out of touch with it .i have some sti sturts to go on it at some point, just read the big thread on removing the body lift

1 - 6 of 6 Posts