Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a forum for hooking up your sub by your self, with out spending alot of money and cheap.

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
blacking out the headlight.
i have a black sub so they look pretty good matched
here is what to do.
take the head lights off, by pulling apart the bumper
then you just unscrew the head lights from the structure.
remove all 5 lights try not to accually touch the bulbs( oil from hand will decrease the life of your bulbs)
heat your oven up to 220 degrees and cook the head lights for 10 minutes
then u have to pull apart the front andback part of the head lights it takes a little force at first but then it comes right of. in side the head light u will see the two different parts u want to unscrew the smaller part
tape the reflector to protect it.
do not use any cleaner ever on the inside. it will create fog in the long run
spray it down use light coats. it took me about 3.
to put back together do total opposite. have fun

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another easy job i did was paint my exhaust black. i bet ur like why. but it accually looks very good, i have an all black sub and plan on getting black rims so it looks nice not seenin the gray exhaust.
its pretty simple, go buy some of that interror foaming cleaner for your car. i found that to work to get all the grime off of the muffler. get some newspaper and tape around the bumper. and paint away. i think mine came out awsome i do have one drip spot on the bottom. but hey its on the bottom

·
Registered
1995 Legacy Sedan
94 Posts
another easy job i did was paint my exhaust black. i bet ur like why. but it accually looks very good, i have an all black sub and plan on getting black rims so it looks nice not seenin the gray exhaust.
its pretty simple, go buy some of that interror foaming cleaner for your car. i found that to work to get all the grime off of the muffler. get some newspaper and tape around the bumper. and paint away. i think mine came out awsome i do have one drip spot on the bottom. but hey its on the bottom
Uh... yeah, basically that sums it up.

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow i was not expecting all of this negativity from fellow foresters. u bake them to separate them. and yes u pre heat the oven

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sorry im not original and i wanted to let people know what i did, so they can also do it. or have them put stuff up they did so maybe i can learn a thing or too!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does that even make any sense. i do not understand why i am getting so much negativity.........................

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
im sorry im not original and i wanted to let people know what i did, so they can also do it. or have them put stuff up they did so maybe i can learn a thing or too!!!!!!!!
What are you talking about? I was saying that this has been done before and people have write-ups on how to do it. Just as a note, you should use the search function on this site before posting things like this because it'll avoid confision and hate. I think it would be appropriate to post some pictures on here showing the results however! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
does that even make any sense. i do not understand why i am getting so much negativity.........................
Hey azzsub,
Just want to say it's a public forum and I appreciate the post on the headlight mod. Honestly, I don't think anyone is deliberately being negative, just showing some friendly scooby humor.

If I had the patience, I think I might want to blackout the headlights too. So, big ups and big thanks.

last question-- Are these headlights yeastless...and after you take the headlights out of the oven, how long do they have to cool before applying the frosting/fondant? :lol:

Just kidding!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.