Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Dyno sheets

358K views 647 replies 195 participants last post by  sls2121 
#1 ·
Should this become a sticky?

Anyway, here's a baseline on a 06 with a Perrin pulley and a Cobb Stage 1 with the same pulley. I'm at a stage 2 with a Turbo XS stealthback and STi muffler but I haven't made it to the dyno yet. The second sheet shows the difference between stock and just the stage 1 program. The sad thing is that the Cobb map is still way rich so there is even more power to be had, even at the stock level, with a custom tune.

See less See more
#6 ·
FXT said:
Stage 2 should give you another 20hp or so and let me tell you its much more evident than the stage 1 gain.
I'm at stage 2 now but I only feel a difference up top. However, I did switch to slightly taller and heavier tires so that is eating up some of the gains. But I also don't usually drive over the speed limit on the street so I really shouldn't guess until I get out onto the track.

#11 ·
This is what I made prior to the tear down and now working on a rebuild.

This was done with the following mods:
VF39
Perrin tmic
Perrin Silicon intercooler piping kit
Perrin turbo inlet pipe
AEM intake (short ram)
DN Performance turbo back 3" catless exhaust
Borla Header
PDE Up pipe Catless (of course)
ECUtek reflash
TXS RFL

295.42 awhp/ 299 tq

Attachments

#12 ·
Here is my latest dyno chart: 235hp and 247tq on a Mustang.

This is on a Mustang Dyno and is lower reading than the Dynojet that it was originally tuned on. The contributing mods are:
Ecutek tune by Mynes Performance
Stock TD04
B&B upipe/downpipe/magnaflow cat-back
Perrin shortram
Custom FMIC
FAT TGV deletes
Lightweight pulley
NGK one step colder plugs
Walmart fuel pump
91 pee pee gas!
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=746&d=1141820933

#15 ·
A stock STI pulls 235-245whp and 250-260wtq on the Dynojet I was dynoing my Forester (dynosheet a few posts above). Power mods are: Stock USDM STI TMIC, gutted(cattless) stock uppipe, TD06-16G protuned by Jarrad @ PDX, TurboXS stealthback, 2.5" Prodrive axelback. Oh, and 255lph Walbro gas pump.

#18 ·
^^It's nice to have someone to compare boost and AFR to. Your modified XT seems to be tuned very well considering a nice A/F ratio with your upped boost pressure.

I just got my FXT dynoed today and the numbers were astonishing! My Forester XT with STi power made 271 WHP and 281 TQ (no lie). A stock STi with 1,500 miles on the odo made ~210 WHP and another STi with 11,000 miles on the odo made 225 WHP just an hour after I ran on the same dyno. By the way, I'm running with a stock STi ECU w/ VF39 and IC: fuel pump and spark plugs are stock FXT.

#19 ·
oxymoron said:
Here is mine... sorry about quality
Hi there, ref your previous post - note that in the UK dyno figures/printout are 'at the crank' - with most dynos measuring a power loss figure - calculated on the run down after the power run* - the crank figures are usually some 20-25% higher than the power at the wheels figures for Subarus .
FWIW - the max power at the wheels on my fsti came out at 217KW - so you are doing equally well to get 211KW with just bolt-ons from the aussie EJ255 - a good mapper at work - plus that AVO turbo appears to give big power.

*IIRC Dyno dynamics rollers don't have this facility and can only work to manually inputted 'fixed' percentage power losses - which obviously isn't as 'accurate' and has to be estimated for each type of car - I think this is probably why most aussie figures are quoted in PAW - as that is the most accurate thing to measure - you must forgive us pommies for our eccentricities - like we still use BHP and lbft despite going metric in the 70s!
I assume that the DD rollers you use are set to shootout mode?

cheers,

Paul W

#20 ·
Pete - those figures are not too shabby at all
420 nm equates to 310lb/ft of torque - and it is coming in before 4k revs.
Powerstation's maha system always gives those odd looking power loss figures - so don't be distracted by those.
both torque and BHP curves look good - I imagine that kind of increase is pretty noticeable + you will now have the armageddon sound of the miltek - so get those windows wound-down and find a tunnel to go through!
Its good that they changed the fuel pump for you - as the stock one would have been too stressed.

fwiw - I don't think the FSTI intercooler would make too much difference - better to put the bigger intercooler from a WRX STI on instead.

Have you fitted an sti panel filter yet ? - if you are changing things before another remap I would recommend it - though don't change from standard air box - induction kits are a waste of time/money and map will be better with just the sti panel filter anyway.

paul

#21 ·
Hi Paul - thanks for the info..
They fitted a piper cross filter for me although I've got an Sti panel filter coming so might change them over.

Have been toying with putting an Impreza Sti Intercooler on - had probs yesterday with the forester Sti intercooler as the VF39 has a different angle on the exit and the plastic y pipe wasn't flexible enough to fit on.
Looking out now to see what the US Sti uses and can adapt it for the Fsti one I have or get an Impreza one..

I haven't had much chance to play with it yet but it certainly pulls much stronger ! Will let you know how it goes..
Cheers
Pete

#25 ·
Just got mine finished today after blowing out a gasket on Friday in between the header and the uppipe. This is with a FP green boosting to 18psi, tapering to 17 at redline. Apparently the AP and the Perrin boost solenoid (EBCS) simply would not let it boost more than that. Tune was by Jarrad at PDX (he flew down to Houston to tune). Interestingly enough, I have the full 18psi on the green anywhere in between 3200-3300rpm. And that's with a header. The top gear pull in 5th from 65mph is very strong.

I think the first post has my baseline dyno run so I got ~120whp with my combination. Anyone want to start a timer on how long it takes to blow out the tranny? PPG gears are next.

#26 ·
the head said:
Anyone want to start a timer on how long it takes to blow out the tranny? PPG gears are next.
I think it all depends on how you drive. I beleive Frank's gearbox is still stock an in one piece (knocking on wood). Congratulations on the good numbers. How much turbo lag do you have now? If you ever driven a stock 2.0 WRX can yu compare it with that?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.