Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 648 Posts
Mods: NONE

With a simple ECUTEK reflash, I've gained 14.6 WHP, but the best part is the torque numbers: 241.4 ft lbs (a nice jump from 206.6). :p

What's really sweet is hearing that stock STis put out high 220s on this very same dyno, so I'm very happy with the numbers. :wiggle:

SKSTI said:
Mods: NONE

With a simple ECUTEK reflash, I've gained 14.6 WHP, but the best part is the torque numbers: 241.4 ft lbs (a nice jump from 206.6). :p

What's really sweet is hearing that stock STis put out high 220s on this very same dyno, so I'm very happy with the numbers. :wiggle:
hate to burst a bubble, but reflashed XTs don't make ~20 whp less than STis... :( more like ~35 whp...

ZuMBLe said:
Frank,

WOW...You're my hero! Hopefully you will get to test it out somewhere.. hee heee.. on someone.. at a track or something? ;)
I'll hit the strip this summer some time. I'm just busy as hell. Trying to put a pool in the house. Doing most of it myself.

Frank

I didn't want to jinx myself by saying that I will get this and that, and ended up not doing it because of other obligations.

Don't you just hate that?

I told my GF that I will be spending about $1500 for power mods and she's actually cool with it.

Good!

One less problem to deal with. LOL

here's mine,stock forester dynoed at about 175-180whp on this dyno. the sti's are between 210-220whp.
my mods are
-Gruppe-S Garrett GT-30R Turbo Kit
*Includes: custom uppipe, downpipe, MAF pipe, GT30R .82 A/R, Tial 38mm W/G.
-HKS SS BOV
-Gruppe-S V2 Headers
-Helix TMIC
-Helix Catback
-Walbro 255L Fuel Pump
-Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors
-Apex'i AVC-R Boost Controller
-Cobb AP Protuned by Mike
-Helix DNA Coilovers
-jdm 6spd
i am going back to put on a fmic. the tmic is really holding me back. the car is also overboosting and underboosting. i haven't really push the car yet,because of the boost problems.:frown: click on the 2nd pic,cause it's a lil bigger.

Attachments

b4437 said:
here's mine,stock forester dynoed at about 175-180whp on this dyno. the sti's are between 210-220whp.
my mods are
-Gruppe-S Garrett GT-30R Turbo Kit
*Includes: custom uppipe, downpipe, MAF pipe, GT30R .82 A/R, Tial 38mm W/G.
-HKS SS BOV
-Gruppe-S V2 Headers
-Helix TMIC
-Helix Catback
-Walbro 255L Fuel Pump
-Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors
-Apex'i AVC-R Boost Controller
-Cobb AP Protuned by Mike
-Helix DNA Coilovers
-jdm 6spd
i am going back to put on a fmic. the tmic is really holding me back. the car is also overboosting and underboosting. i haven't really push the car yet,because of the boost problems.:frown: click on the 2nd pic,cause it's a lil bigger.
Man, you're ride is making some serious power.
What do you mean by overboosting? Is it creeping, or spiking?
What's causing this to happen?

fmowry said:
Green, EWG, alky 50/50, Helix TMIC.

Frank
Frank, your ride is really getting awesome power from the Green. Imagine how different it would be with SBR 20G TD06h.

What injection system are you running for the alky?

b4437 said:
That's what I was told as well. That's why I'm so happy with my numbers. Still, I'm going back for more next month.

Love your ride, btw. Perhaps I'd get to see it in person one of these days.

frogmonk said:
Man, you're ride is making some serious power.
What do you mean by overboosting? Is it creeping, or spiking?
What's causing this to happen?
it's spiking in the higher gears and not even boosting in first gear. the boost is controlled by the avcr. i don't know what is going on.:idea:

frogmonk said:
Frank, your ride is really getting awesome power from the Green. Imagine how different it would be with SBR 20G TD06h.

What injection system are you running for the alky?
My buddy Matt, Mpower22 over at Nasioc, is making only about 8 hp less and maybe 15 ft-lb with the SBR 20G. He is running an FMIC though. But I've got an EWG so the turbos are really close. I could run 24 psi or more and I doubt the 20G really could but the 8 cm housing on the SBR really helps up top.

I'm running a DIY kit. Cost about $200 total. Parts are listed on Riftswrx website. It's the same pump that Snow Performance and one of the other big alky injection companies (not SMC) uses. The pump is on full time and only runs when there is no alky in it. I have a solenoid and nozzle from McMaster-Carr. I control it with a boost switch set to 14 psi. Jorge tuned it to smooth out the boost. So where an SMC kit or others have a brain that ramps up alky based on different boost, I simply control the A/F via my protune.

It feels like a 50 shot of nitrous really when it hits 14 psi.

Frank

41 - 60 of 648 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.