Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Just put it to ground :biggrin:
You ground the wire and you can watch dvd whenever you want. But I don't advice watching a movie while driving.

Edit: I belive it's supposed to be connected to the handbreak wire in some way.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Hey thanks Elmy, I had no idea it was that easy since they sell those hack kits on Ebay for $30. I didn't want to really have it working while driving, but I don't care either way. I just wanted it to work so I could play a dvd.
np. :biggrin:
30$ for hooking it to ground....lol

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I looked up that kit you talked about. I don't get what this kit is supposed to do except ground the wire....

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks again. I hooked to ground and dvd's play all the time. I'm not gonna try to watch while driving, but it works and that's all I care about. I realized I probably should have put this thread under the Interior and Electronics and I'm glad you saw it. I was in the garage hooking up the new Kenwood until 10 last night!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I don't get what this kit is supposed to do except ground the wire....
I know on some aftermarket kits (like Pioneer units), it requires it to see the parking brake on, then off, then on again before playing any video through the screen. They sell relay kits for this, or you can install a switch, as grounding it won't do anything.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Hey, thanks again. I hooked to ground and dvd's play all the time. I'm not gonna try to watch while driving, but it works and that's all I care about. I realized I probably should have put this thread under the Interior and Electronics and I'm glad you saw it. I was in the garage hooking up the new Kenwood until 10 last night!
Oh well. Great that it works. Thing takes time when you want it done your way :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I know on some aftermarket kits (like Pioneer units), it requires it to see the parking brake on, then off, then on again before playing any video through the screen. They sell relay kits for this, or you can install a switch, as grounding it won't do anything.
That sound stupid. So you suppose to rip the e-brake a few times to get it working. Doh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts