Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have enough posts to put some pics up. Here are my current subies at the moment.

My beloved 2005 lgt limited 5spd wagon:

Engine/power:
Slowboy racing 20g 7cm housing (wrx/fitment)
Wbr fmic
Spt SRI (wrx fitment)
Gimmick turbo inlet
Witchhunter modified yellows 825cc
TGV Deletes
Goodridge braided/stainless oil feed line (removed banjo turbo killer filter of doom)
gt spec header/uppipe combo
Megan racing dp
Hand built 3'' single exhaust conversion
Grimmspeed 3port ebcs
Walbro 255
Southbend custom sprung clutch.
ACT lightweight flywheel
Tuning courtesy of Matt from Wicked Innovation

Handling/brakes:
Cobb sport springs
Kartboy sts
Grouppe N tranny mount
Torque Solutions pitch stop
Killer B white delrin shift knob
brembos

Show/wheels:
Black pc'd ctsubaru.com plate delete
Blacked out stock grille
Black pc'd hella horn bracket and hellas
Rbs front lip
Version 1 eyelids painted to match
Hi/low Apexcone HIDs
17'' ssr comps
17'' torques
04 Sti bbs

1991 legacy ss 2.2t

Meagan Dp
SPT catback
hks fuel cut defender
tein h-techs
rs seats
home made "sports" grille

99 forester S "The Maybach"

2.2T block
2.5 SOHC N/A heads
arp headstuds
cometic headgaskets
92SS turbo crossmember
custom SOHC N/A headers/upipe combo
16g
FMIC
SPT catback w/megan dp
Wrx struts with tein h-tech springs
TXS mbc
sports grille
limited slip rear end (92 legacy ss swap)
rear disk brake conversion (92 legacy ss swap)
5spd trans (92 legacy ss swap)
SSR comps w/bridgestone potenza re0960's 235/45r17

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mark! Been pretty good. I know I know..... I need to get into my RI meet habits again. I'm trying to make it out tonight granted the forecasted t-storms aren't around by then. I'll bring the fozz as soon as I can. Most likely I will be recieving her without a powerplant so she may just end up sleeping in the garage for a while.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
What's the ETA of the Foz? You didn't make the owner pull the motor out himself did you? :lol:

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha no not yet I haven't....

ETA Was this weekend loosely. I may end up getting the car with a motor afterall, as I just had another convo with the current owner. I didn't realize that he actually now has the franken-motor that we had built for my ss originally in the fozz now.... 2.2t block with 2.5 SOHC heads w/turbo cams and ported heads. I thought it was still sitting on an engine stand in his garage. At least I know it runs well now, haha.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Haha no not yet I haven't....

ETA Was this weekend loosely. I may end up getting the car with a motor afterall, as I just had another convo with the current owner. I didn't realize that he actually now has the franken-motor that we had built for my ss originally in the fozz now.... 2.2t block with 2.5 SOHC heads w/turbo cams and ported heads. I thought it was still sitting on an engine stand in his garage. At least I know it runs well now, haha.
How would you tune that setup properly and still pass emissions?

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! You have good taste in cars.. lol

I love love love the LGT limited.
Thank you very much.

How would you tune that setup properly and still pass emissions?

Welp I went down to the Kingston, RI meet last night to discuss that very issue with my tuner.... He said he's going to look into it and get back to me. Currently the car is running the stock 2.5 N/A ECU and running safe AFRs though. As far as emissions goes, I'd most likely have to do what he did to pass... put a stock motor and exhaust on it :icon_biggrin:

Me and the owner have been going back and forth on this deal to make it even for both of us and I've decided to tell him just to keep the motor and trans out of it and I'll shoehorn the STI motor in there. It'll be a fun learning experience for me, and I have a couple friends that want to try to help (luckily they are more seasoned in the electronic department than I am)

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought I'd pop in and post some updates.

I've kind of wanted some crazy colored wheels for a while now, so the lgt has gotten some "purple draaank" treatment to the bbs'.

In other news, the forester made it's way to me on tuesday night!!! I drove it to my friends garage since in the end, me and the PO worked out a deal to get the car with the whole drivetrain. Weds my friend Brian and I pulled the shot 5spd out of it and transplanted my known good 5spd into her. Shes not roadworthy just yet, we had a problem with the center bearing bolts for the driveshaft and they pulled all the threads out... so I'll have to tap those or helicoil them when I'm at the garage next. Besides that no real trouble with the swap. When I pulled the exhaust it became apparent that without a proper engine management system that the car has been running lean, the exhaust housing and turbine wheel were fun colors. I wasn't looking to spend a ton of money on this car right off the bat, so I'm still formulating a plan on that end.

We're just going over the car noting things that need to be fixed (surprisingly not too much!), or changed. I'll try to keep this as updated as possible as things progress!!!

Couple purple wheels pics:

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a fan of the color but nice LGT. I kinda miss our LGT from time to time.
Thanks! I spent 2 years looking for a white, 5spd wagon with the limited package.

And I hear ya on the wheels. It's a love or hate color. I hear it all the time at home since my gf absolutely HATES the color. She doesn't even want to ride in the car if she can avoid it, haha. She was less than thrilled to hear me say I want to try neon green torques on the fozz too... :icon_razz:

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just figured I'd update this again.

Got the bum 5spd I got with the car out and the "new" spare 5spd I had in yesterday after work. Took her for a spin around the block and no funny noises or grinds coming from the tranny! A few more tweeks/fixes here and there and she's ready for registration and road time.

Also added a few mods to my mods list in first post. WBM had some killer deals.

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, those wheels are something else! Nice Legacy!

Haha thanks!

Well put in a few nights of work on the fozz this week with With my friend Brian. Got everything together drivetrain wise and was able to test drive. Trans and clutch are working great. Car won't build any boost so, we decided to start to go through some of the engine bay.... There are just wires and vacuum lines everywhere. There is a sizeable exhaust leak where the header meets the heads. Probably due to this being a homemade unit to mate a turbo to the N/A heads. So obviously that is one problem that needs addressing. To try to check things off the list, we removed the mbc that the car had on it and tried to run wastegate pressure and still couldn't build any pressure. Cars pulling timing also which is to be expected with what's going on under the hood.

Gonna start simple. I have a SAFC lying around that we're going to instal to try to get some sort of influence over the fueling, and I'm also probably going to try to find a set of WRX topfeeds to pop in to get a little more fuel to this pig.

·
Registered
98 Forester Se
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well it's been a lil while since I posted....

Been slowly going through the fozz. Deemed her road worthy and put her on the road last week to drive back and forth to work to find other problems. Nothing has come up yet. Fixed my crack SSR this weekend so I put those on her with some new rubber. Went with bridgestone potenza re0960's 235/45r17. In retrospect I think I would almost fit 255's under there, so I'm thinking about getting some wider meats soon. I also cut and shortened a wrx SPT exhaust I had laying around to fit on her and replace the invidia knockoff that was WAY too loud. Need to play with hanger lengths a little bit as being so low I only have about an inch of ground clearance between pavement and exhaust, haha. Have a little more room to tuck underneath so I have a little room to play with. I'll get some proper photos up something, here's a couple I snagged after a little time in the hot sun.

Yes, I know I have a broken wheel stud on the right front wheel. The parts stores in my area were closed yesterday when I snapped it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts