Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be honest, I'm not exactly clued up when it comes to scoobys. I bought a Forester off a mate last year. He imported it a few years ago.

All i know about it is that it's a 1997 S Turbo EJ20 engine.

I had a baby shortly before I bought it so in the year I've had it i've not done anything to it or managed to find out what it's capable of. It's in major need of a service, new brakes and clutch. I've had guages and a blitz dump valve fitted.

Does anyone know anything about this car? BHP? Or even what the UK equivelant is? I have trouble getting parts and stuff.

Lianne

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
122 Posts
Where are you?

Since model information varies with country, it would help if you would make clear where in the world you are. Sounds like either Australia or UK.

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
Hi Lianne
Have you got any pics of the car?
If its a S turbo it's a UK car 175 hp ish
If Its a S/tb it's a Import and around 240 ish

What does the badge say on the tailgate?

and PS. Welcome to the forum

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Hi Lianne,
I see you were sent here from Scoobynet :)

Nobody over here is going to be calling you dumb by the way - we're a much nicer lot. It does sound like an S/tb, there are probably a few other Essex owners on here somewhere.

To find a local dealer with a good reputation you could try looking through the Scoobynet posts in the Essex Scooby Crew section. Other Forester-shaped queries can be answered on here of course...

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Hello Lianne

NichB is about in essex - he needs some baby practice too :)

If you are in essex XtremeScoobies will be able to sort out almost everything service-wise for you , there are few mehanical differences between a MY97 S/tb and MY97 Impreza ( apart from the Forester having more power :D )

http://www.xtremescoobies.co.uk

HTH , and welcome. It's like scoobynet for adults here ;)

Steve

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Well you never know with all the different people around here! :)

Uk, russia, aus, us, even those canadians...

"Skid Pan" is the newest frase to my vocabulary phrase.. frase..

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
sirwilliam said:
You are playing w/ me, right? I love the trade mark btw.

Also, didn't mean to hurt any feelings, just thought "dump" was funny.
I'm own lee joe king:p

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Lianne

Just to second Steve's recommendation for Xtreme (just north of Chelmsford)

They look after my S/tb (Japanese import), and a few others as well. Definitely know their stuff.

James

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
909 Posts
Lianne,
Trust me, you are far from "dumb". Evidence?

1. You're driving a Forester.
2. You've joined our forum.
3. You know when to ask for advice.

Welcome to our Forum!

p.s. I currently teach 4th grade - I can read virtually anything, no matter how it's spelled!

p.p.s. Besides the car, do you have any photos of the baby? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi thanks everyone.

Apologies on the spelling. Shut my finger in a door yesterday. (Hey i'm female, need an excuse for not being 100% perfect!)

Yeah mine's a S/tb - Import. As i've learnt - big difference in bhp and price! But I love it cause it's different.

I'll definately give Xtreme a try. I'm nervous about giving my car to anyone who doesn't know how to care for it. Too much experience of men trying to tell me rubbish cause they think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Didn't realise there were so many Foresters about!

Lianne

p.s - Got pics of baby with car - perfect combination!

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Did some one call?

Hello Im in Loughton Essex, moving hopefully to Epping Green where abouts are you Lianne?

I also have an Stb and so ask away if your not sure, if your local sometimes its easier to actually see what your talking about
and as for babies our first is due end of Feb

I use Scoobytec in Basildon, around the corner from Haywood and Scott (exhausts)

Any way, welcome to the wonderful world of Stb ownership, and the web site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey I'm in Dagenham. I do travel about on car things as a member of South East Cruises.

Good luck on the Baby.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts