Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we left Niagara just before 3pm on Friday the 5th... right as the first round of snow started to hit the east coast.
The snow got heavy on I-79 just before Pittsburgh, and turned to freezing rain near Summersville, WV just after midnight.

While stopped for fuel I snapped this picture of the snow/ice pack on the front of the car from the last couple hours of snowy driving.

after arriving safely in St. Augustine, Florida... some 20 hours after leaving, I took some time after a long needed nap and unpacking, my Diva was detailed and ready to roll!

I'll update this thread later on... I've still got another week remaining, and finally managed to score some time on the forum while the Olympic's are keeping people amused.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
Whats on the roof ? It looks like 3 seats, you take Jethro, Granny and Ellie may with ya ? lol Glad you mad it safely there.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Glad you arrived safely. Sorry that its not much warmer here than NF but at least it isn't snowing.............:biggrin:. This has been a very unusual winter in FLA. Where you off to next?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats on the roof ? It looks like 3 seats, you take Jethro, Granny and Ellie may with ya ? lol Glad you mad it safely there.
LOL, those are in fact my summer tires. I came up with a custom setup for my Yakima LoadWarrior that allowed me to carry almost 210lbs up there, which works out nicely for my summer tires.

Glad you arrived safely. Sorry that its not much warmer here than NF but at least it isn't snowing.............:biggrin:. This has been a very unusual winter in FLA. Where you off to next?
We're just kicking around St. Augustine Beach at the moment. We were over in Orlando on Wednesday, down in Cocoa Beach yesterday... and we're stopping off in Tampa on Tuesday. We're going to do a couple more local sights though, and spend some more time just relaxing at the beach here. It may not be super warm, but its warm enough for me a throw on a pair of shorts and sandals without having to worry about freezing. I am just glad to not be shovelling snow right now.

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
You are a man after my own heart, Rem. You bring a summer set of shoes for the fozzy just to better enjoy the warmer climate. Looks like your having fun

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
Wow man. I wish I would have known you we passing through my territory. I could have met up with ya or something on your way through WV. Glad to see you made it though. Looks like a fun trip.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
LOL, those are in fact my summer tires.

and we're stopping off in Tampa on Tuesday.

I am just glad to not be shovelling snow right now.
Noticed the tires in the pic. Kinda thought that you wanted better riding tires once you got out of the snow. Hopefully on the way home.........no snow anywhere.

Where in Tampa will you be? If you have a few minutes maybe we can meet.

I'm sure about the snow but you are a braver man than me to be wearing shorts!!! If you are in the Orlando area on Monday there is this event going on if you have some spare time...........2010 Subaru ESX National Dealership Tour Kick Off - Florida Subarus

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well here is the trip summary since I'm back in Canada again and have uploaded all of the decent pictures from the trip.

As mentioned, we stayed in St. Augustine and visited a few of the local sights in the area. Such as the Castillo de San Marcos in downtown St. Augustine, Florida.

They love their cannons at the old fort...

ready.... aim!

The old city gates...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While stopped over in Tampa for the day... getting my Perrin turbo inlet installed at Mastro Subaru (thanks RayC22b and Opie) We visited a few local sights and then stopped out at Honeymoon Island State Park since my girl wanted to see where they'd filmed part of the Punisher movie.

There were some nice hikiing trails on the island as well.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the drive home we made a few stops along the way to let the dog stretch her legs... and you just can't have a trip without a good dose of southern pines

Here is the car loaded up for the drive...

We stopped at the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia... I've driven over it plenty of times, but this was the first time I'd ever stopped there.

Kaiku had to remind herself what snow tasted like...

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Great pics Remington ! We were in the Clearwater area just before you arrived. Weather was sucky (no shorts days) but still much better than home. I didn't see a single XT my entire trip. Did you pass by the Ferrari dealership whcih is about 5 miles east of Honeymoon Island ? I saw it several times but was unable to stop with family.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pics Remington ! We were in the Clearwater area just before you arrived. Weather was sucky (no shorts days) but still much better than home. I didn't see a single XT my entire trip. Did you pass by the Ferrari dealership whcih is about 5 miles east of Honeymoon Island ? I saw it several times but was unable to stop with family.
No, we didn't stop by the Ferrari dealership. It was pretty decent out the day we were out that way. I wore shorts every day I was in Florida... I refused to wear pants. At one point one of the tour guides at the fort called me nuts and told me to put on some clothes. And that was on one of the hot days we had in St. Auggie.

Remington, awesome photos man!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
No, we didn't stop by the Ferrari dealership. It was pretty decent out the day we were out that way. I wore shorts every day I was in Florida... I refused to wear pants. At one point one of the tour guides at the fort called me nuts and told me to put on some clothes. And that was on one of the hot days we had in St. Auggie.

Thanks!
You gotta remember to us who live here year round this sh*t is cold.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
You woulda frozen your bee-hind if you wore shorts the week I was there. I see it warmed up just in time for me to leave :yell:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Oh I'm well aware of that.
Everytime somebody made a remark about my wearing shorts... my short response was, "I'm Canadian" which usually cleared it up for them.
Eh right! :biggrin: Off topic, can you get me an official Canadian winter olympic hat?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts