Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and have a 2015 Forester. I'm wanting to set it up like a camper - sleep in it, fridge awning etc. Has anyone installed a second battery under the bonnet? Even if some things were moved around it doesn't look like one would fit. Love to hear if you've done it or got tips on setting up a battery box/under bonnet to run camping equipment. Also any pics or tips for setting up the car for road trips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.馃檪

Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
@JCamp welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The Google custom forum search is pretty good. Take a look at my search results for "dual battery setup". :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Administrator
G'day & Welcome aboard @JCamp

I have a 100 amp hour battery inside a heavy canvas tool bag sitting in the rear passenger foot-well strapped to the front seat frame. Good thing is that I can easily remove it when not needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts