Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got the blinking AT Oil Temp light and check engine light after doing some engine work recently so I read the code and got DTC P0748 - Pressure Control Solenoid (Line Pressure Duty Solenoid) Electrical. I drove the car around and noticed shift shock from first to second gear consistently.

I did jack up the tranny by the tranny oil pan and dented it a bit. Could this have damaged the pressure control solenoid? Or is this simply an electrical issue where something is not connecting? I do not know where the pressure control solenoid is or what connector to check. Does anyone have any insight into this problem??

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Here are the pages you should need from the FSM ..... and YES you could have damaged the solenoid or wiring inside the pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some results.

I got a multimeter and went through the steps in the above link. All connections were good. Turns out when I jacked up the tranny by the tranny oil pan, I bent it in and broke the connection on the pressure control solenoid - and expensive little mistake.

Dealership wants $250 for the part and that seems crazy to me so I am currently trying to find a used part. Can't seem to find it online. If anyone is wondering it is the red solenoid when you rip the pan off. Once I get this replaced it should fix the problem. Will post final outcome within the week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Solution to this problem

I have been chasing the issue to this code for a custys car and thought I would let you know what I have found, TCM solders broken, easy fix of resoldering, my advice is check TCM first so your not sent down the wrong path, as I was, however you need magnifying glass as they are very small joins and would think of them as normal otherwise.

P.S this is if the transmission has not been damaged in any way.

ENJOY

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am having the same issue with my 2003 subaru forester, I am wondering if there is any danger in driving the car until i have it fixed. Also how intrusive is it to replace the line pressure duty solenoid?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,874 Posts
@zach.barker I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Does your '03 have a P0748 - Pressure Control Solenoid “A” Electrical CEL code? :confused:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts