The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Police said the man has been cited numerous times for various moving violations, including two prior citations for reckless driving
yep, he must lose his license and start using trolleybus.

m6, damn, speed over 100mph still feels like 50mph in that car.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
wow average speed of 137 and cited as weaving through traffic without hitting anything or anyone to me sounds like he either wasn't drunk or is one damn lucky drunk.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,503 Posts
Losing his license won't make any difference - these types just keep driving if they can get a hold of a car. Only locking him up will keep him off the road.

Doing that sort of thing here means a vehicle impoundment, followed by a longer time for a repeat and even longer for a second repeat and then it's the crusher for your pride and joy.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
The driver's long record of moving violations pretty much tells the story. Yeah, he's making the road unsafe for everybody. He'll be a lot safer himself on the bus. It's not so much the speed he reached as where he did it, and possibly DUI. In my younger days, it was pretty much a rite of passage to drive a car at the ton mark. Of course we did that on a lonely straightaway at the edge of town, no houses or traffic around. Wonder how fast we might have gone if we'd been driving M6's instead of beaters....
Not sayin it was right,
just sayin,
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We get speeders like this every so often, but it is usually Sport bikes on i-90 (5-6 lanes wide) going over the pass. They will do 170mph+ and pull away from the tracking aircraft and pursuing police. What makes this story so unusual is it was across the floating bridge. It is a narrow two lane bridge and not exactly the a great road to speed on.

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
2,039 Posts
A good lawyer, enough money, and he'll be back on the road in no time. Curious to see exactly what they do to him. If anything.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The latest facts are that he is around 24 years old and lives at home with his rich father who is a Russian "importer". He seems pretty shady and the driver seems to have a this "my rich daddy will take care of it" attitude.

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
2,039 Posts
The latest facts are that he is around 24 years old and lives at home with his rich father who is a Russian "importer". He seems pretty shady and the driver seems to have a this "my rich daddy will take care of it" attitude.
As I mentioned in my previous post...... seen it too, too, many times here in MA. Even after vehicular manslaughter. Money buys injustice.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Grab the car and ImPOUND it - give it back to him as a little cube of recyclable metal. Continue to do that to every single car you catch him driving. No notice, no warning, if he's found driving a car, impound it and crush it. Continue to do so until they run out of money...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
^^ That's what they should do to repeat DUI offenders here in Sonoma County...

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,049 Posts
Grab the car and ImPOUND it - give it back to him as a little cube of recyclable metal. Continue to do that to every single car you catch him driving. No notice, no warning, if he's found driving a car, impound it and crush it. Continue to do so until they run out of money...
They should crush the car with him in it. Before he kills someone.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ That's what they should do to repeat DUI offenders here in Sonoma County...
Tell me about it. My wife is a Probation officer who deals only with DUI cases. I hear so many stories that piss me off it is rediculous.

·
Registered
:(
495 Posts
UGh. This is what scares me so much when driving. I've called the cops on a few of those drivers. Funny, both times it was in Seattle too =/ I was sure both times I was going to witness an awful wreck but didn't. The worst was a driver going well over 100 in his purple Impala. People were swerving off the freeway to avoid him because he wasnt staying in the lines at that speed.

lfdal- I agree with what your saying. I KNOW many of these guys from subaru clubs that get DUIs and wreckless driving and all it takes is the right lawer and 5k and they are good to go- clean record sometimes. Something very very wrong with that.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I admire her fortitude. Don't think I could stomach the job.
The non-decisive judges are what drive her crazy. They never want to put people in jail that should be in jail. One look at her paycheck though and it makes thing alright :icon_wink:.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In Wa it takes 5 in 10 years to get charged with a felony. My wife has 3 people on her caselaosd with 7+ and they are not in jail yet because the prosecutor has yet to file the last few charges. It is total BS that people like that are still on the streets.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
I understand the anger people are posting here, regarding the wrist-slapping of dui offenders. Here in MA the punishments are pretty stiff...automatic suspension of license on first offense. I take exception, however, to the many calls for "impounding" the offender's vehicle. First of all, it's probably not his vehicle. Most of it probably belongs to a bank. Or his father. Or his GF. Also, over the last few decades law enforcement has acquired "impoundment" or "seizure" rights to a wide range of personal property for all kinds of reasons, the seizure of which generally goes to enrich the law enforcement agency involved. I don't believe in this AT ALL. It's not the car that was driving drunk at 150mph, people...it was the driver. Why on earth should the police, or the State, get the car because someone drove it like a fool? Law enforcement agencies should be enforcing the law...not looking for ways to steal--excuse me, "impound"--personal property.
just my 2cents,
Steve
09 2.5X AT (part mine, part Chase's)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts