Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
I got home after work today, and noticed on the way in the house that the DRL's, side marker lights and taillights were all still shining. I've tried moving the shifter around, the parking brake handle, and the headlight switch, but nothing short of unhooking the battery turned them off. Anybody have any ideas where I should start looking for a short? It's an '05 Forester XS A/T.
Have you checked the parking light switch on your steering column?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, now I feel dumb. I never noticed that switch up there before. That was it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Well, now I feel dumb. I never noticed that switch up there before. That was it. Thanks.
Congratulations on becoming a true Subaru owner. You can't be one until you've hit that switch on accident and been totally confused. :biggrin:

Welcome aboard! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,904 Posts
You've survived the initiation! Now you can go over to our poll and post your formal confession and vote in the poll. You might also want to go to the New Member Introductions forum, tell us a bit about yourself, and wander around the sticky threads there for some general information about our site and our Foresters.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,904 Posts
I see that this is your first post, so welcome! We're glad to have you here, j0n.

Head over to the New Member Introductions forum and introduce yourself. And check out the sticky threads there for a quick intro into important aspects of your Forester. Like the infamous "battery kill" switch!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X Ltd Auto
36 Posts
My 09 F 2.5X Ltd doesn't seem to have the column switch.

Just drove my 09 Foz X past another of the same body style, and it appeared that he had turned on only his front and rear left side marker lamps, independently of the right side lamps. Will my US spec Forester do that? Can I switch from left sides illuminated to right sides illuminated?

Can't seem to find conclusive answer on the forums or in the manual.

Thanks for any ideas.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts