Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Cvt auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was following the wife in the Forester and I noticed the rear tail lights were on, I thought she was riding the brakes :yell: but then I noticed the upper brake light was not on :icon_question:. My question is with the DRL on does the tail lights come on too? I have not seen any vehicles do this before.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
Did she have the parking or regular lights on? If you leave them on when you turn off the car they turn off too and come back on when the car is cranked again. My mom drove my car on my road trip to alaska and could never tell when she had the real lights or DRLs on. Very annoying to me riding behind her. I'm just OCD about the Foz though.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Cvt auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We always leave the DRL's on during the day, this day was sunny so she didn't have the switch in the lights on mode just the DRL setting. I will investigate further, just haven't had the time yet. Thanks for the idea to check out.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
282 Posts
there isnt really a DRL setting on the stick. if your lights are set to off the DRLs come on. If your lights are set to running/parking your DRLs come on. Once the headlights are actually switched on the DRLs switch off (or if you are in park).

·
Registered
2014 Forester Cvt auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct, I just went out to look at the car. What I did was while sitting in the car waiting on the wife I was listening to the radio and noticed DRL lights reflecting off the rear of the truck in front of me. I had the ignition in aux to listen to the radio, I twisted the light knob to the off and the lights went out. I still haven't looked into why the rear lights are on too yet.....

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
The rear lights turn on when you turn on the parking lights indicator.

I usually drive with the parking indicators on for visibility of the front and rear when its dim/ raining light

1 - 7 of 7 Posts