Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After digging in more about my P0244 code and over boosting, I need to adjust my waste gate actuator arm. I talked to my mechanic who did my up-pipe and he said someone adjusted it more than it should have been. So I need to take the turbo heat shield off and adjust it until my engine rides smoothly without cutting out and throwing the code. I was wondering if it is ok to run without the turbo heat shield for a few days until I get it resolved. Or should I put it on after each session?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
511 Posts
Inhaven't put mine back on since I did the up-pipe/downpipe. I was expecting to change the turbo almost immediately. So, about 2 months now without it. Never had an overboost, but I didn't adjust the wastegate arm.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inhaven't put mine back on since I did the up-pipe/downpipe. I was expecting to change the turbo almost immediately. So, about 2 months now without it. Never had an overboost, but I didn't adjust the wastegate arm.
How many bolts are on the top shield? (Trying to mentally figure this job out before I start it.)

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
How many bolts are on the top shield? (Trying to mentally figure this job out before I start it.)

I only have two in mine...but different model and turbo & I've butchered my stock heat shield so that it's only over the top of the turbo, not half-way down the DP protecting the 'box.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi 4EAT
1,430 Posts
You are looking at like at least 8 or 9 bolts. If you haven't taken them out since you owned the car, be prepared to have chewed up hands and lots of wd40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts