Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows got frozen shut a couple days ago, and now when I try to open or close my driver's window it won't work properly. Auto-down doesn't work, auto-up doesn't work, and worst of all is that even holding just "up" only causes the window to roll up an inch before stopping. It takes about 10 presses to roll up the window all the way!

I've tried to do the auto-up/down window reset procedure, but I can't complete it properly since I can't roll the windows all the way up in the first place, any suggestions other than pulling the battery and giving it a full reset?

·
Registered
2014 XTP Fancy Rubber Band
1,124 Posts
Maybe this helps you guys, there's a second procedure.

Screenshot_2015-01-12-22-11-28.jpg

If all else fails I'd pull the power window CB (if you can find it, I can't) for a few hours to remove power from the control module and try it again...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reset B followed by Reset A did the trick! Thanks much!!

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
22 Posts
Mine was hitting the sensor because of the visor.
I am having he same issue. I installed the weather tech visors and only the driver side window seems to utilize the sensors to stop when obstructed with the visors installed. When I try to roll the windows ul, it gets near the top but stops and rolls about 1/4 the way back down automatically. Which I know it's to make sure no ones hands or fingers are getting pinched in there. But now it's only rolling up a few inches at a time. Like the main issue on this thread. Any way to stop the window from not rolling all the way up? Or am I stuck with this because of the visors?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Touring
1 Posts
My car does this same thing as well. Automatically comes back down 1/4 of the way. Had it in repeatedly to the dealership and the last visit (3 weeks ago) they told me to hold the window button for 5 seconds whether in the up or down position to reset the syncing in the window. It didn't work for me yesterday. I have no visors on my windows and am getting aggravated that this is continuing to be a nuisance. I saw a post for reset B followed by reset A. What is that please. Any thoughts from anyone out there would be most appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts