Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After yesterday's torrential downpours and high winds, my drivers door now seems to be very heavy and does not close with the ease that it used to.

I looked to see if there was a stick or something else stuck in teh door jamb, but no. The rain & wind probably have nothing to do with it but I thought i'd throw it in there to paint the picture of when it started.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm, maybe some water got into the door through the seals? Probably not, but I can't think of anything that would make the door seem heavier.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to scope it more closely in the AM. It just happened all of a sudden. Everytime I go out to see, it's dark. :( I can't see how it would have taken on water. My guess is it's just a lube issue. Daylight will tell...

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just IM'd with a friend who works at the local Suby dealer... he said the door is probably filled with water and that the drain plugz are stuffed. Nice. That should be a hoot tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't freeze tonite.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the door drain holes square? Just want to make sure i'm looking at the right thing.

·
Administrator
14,774 Posts
Yep - I found one around the middle of the bottom of the door frame and stuck my little finger in - totally covered in red dirt; from the Cape York trip I suspect :lol:

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stuck a big fat plastic cable tie up each of the drain holes and they all seemed clean. I sprayed some lube on the hinges too. Seemed to help. What kind of lube does one put on a door hinge?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts