Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driver Profiles (setup and switching)? (SOLVED)

Please forgive me if this is not the proper location for this post.

My wife has finally started driving her new 2019 Forester Touring that we bought on Dec 5th.... don't ask. (she was a bit scared of all the tech in it) I had set up a profile for myself in the media center and driver profile in the driver aware part of the car.
Today I set her up with both profiles also, however, while the car recognizes both of us and sets (almost) everything up for each driver it doesn't appear to switch in media center profile to the correct driver automatically. I have to click into the profiles and activate the user that is driving the car which is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically switch the media center profiles? Let me be clear I think it should be able to do this because when I was setting her up with her in the drivers seat it picked up my phone and gave a message that it was switching user profile to me.... but I could never figure out how to get it to automatically switch back to her....

I would appreciate advice from any of you who have multiple profiles setup on your StarLink infotainment systems.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we were setting her up I didn't even have my key fob with me (I took it back in the house) however, I may have unlocked the car with my FOB. I'll do some more testing when she gets home from work tonight.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Please forgive me if this is not the proper location for this post.

My wife has finally started driving her new 2019 Forester Touring that we bought on Dec 5th.... don't ask. (she was a bit scared of all the tech in it) I had set up a profile for myself in the media center and driver profile in the driver aware part of the car.
Today I set her up with both profiles also, however, while the car recognizes both of us and sets (almost) everything up for each driver it doesn't appear to switch in media center profile to the correct driver automatically. I have to click into the profiles and activate the user that is driving the car which is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically switch the media center profiles? Let me be clear I think it should be able to do this because when I was setting her up with her in the drivers seat it picked up my phone and gave a message that it was switching user profile to me.... but I could never figure out how to get it to automatically switch back to her....

I would appreciate advice from any of you who have multiple profiles setup on your StarLink infotainment systems.

Thanks
The automatic switching of the driver profile is based on associating a Bluetooth phone connection to the profile when you set it up. If you skip that step, then the driver profile can only be activated manually. Go back into the driver profile and edit the settings for your wife's profile to include an association to her Bluetooth phone connection (I think it's the 2nd screen).

If you both get into the car at the same time, then it may activate the profile of the passenger if the Bluetooth connection for the passenger is set as a higher priority. If your wife drives the car more often, change the order of the paired Bluetooth phones so that it looks for her phone first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Driver Profiles (setup and switching)? (SOLVED)

The automatic switching of the driver profile is based on associating a Bluetooth phone connection to the profile when you set it up. If you skip that step, then the driver profile can only be activated manually. Go back into the driver profile and edit the settings for your wife's profile to include an association to her Bluetooth phone connection (I think it's the 2nd screen).

If you both get into the car at the same time, then it may activate the profile of the passenger if the Bluetooth connection for the passenger is set as a higher priority. If your wife drives the car more often, change the order of the paired Bluetooth phones so that it looks for her phone first.

I think this is probably the correct answer. I did set her cell phone up with first priority and in her profile but I think she left her phone in the house while I was setting up the driver aware part with her which meant while I got the driver aware portion setup for her the profile kept sticking to me...because like any teenager.. I always have my phone! It seemed to work correctly yesterday so assuming it doesn't mess up again I'll call it a win.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
187 Posts

What about the facial recognition system? Would it not recognize the driver and adjust accordingly?

I set up a profile for my wife thinking it would be cool to have it automatically adjust the seat and mirrors, etc. But changing profiles resets EVERYTHING. Seats, mirrors, climate control, which phone to connect to, even all the radio presets. She almost never drives my car, except when we're on a road trip and we switch off driving. That would be OK if she was driving alone, but when we're both together I'd like it to still sync with my phone and radio presets, even when she is driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts