Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'14 FXT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed, after 10 months, that the switches/buttons on the driver door are lit all the time regardless of headlights being on/off/auto. Any reason for this? Anyone else notice this? No other dash lights are on when the headlights are off (other than the gauges and screens).

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
I just noticed, after 10 months, that the switches/buttons on the driver door are lit all the time regardless of headlights being on/off/auto. Any reason for this? Anyone else notice this? No other dash lights are on when the headlights are off (other than the gauges and screens).
Mine come on with the ignition switch, not the headlight switch.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
186 Posts
Yes, doesn't bug me tho. I thought it was a nice touch that if you press the "disable passenger windows" button the lights turn off for all the window switches except the driver's.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Yes, doesn't bug me tho. I thought it was a nice touch that if you press the "disable passenger windows" button the lights turn off for all the window switches except the driver's.
I hadn't noticed that, but I normally don't disable the passenger's windows.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
Agreed, but the nicer touch would have been if there were lights inside any of the other passenger window switches so they could see their switch in the dark too.

Nick

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Agreed, but the nicer touch would have been if there were lights inside any of the other passenger window switches so they could see their switch in the dark too.

Nick
True. I wonder if it can be added somehow....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My 08 FXT has illuminated switches all around, passengers and driver.

I retrofitted a set to my Impreza (OEM on Impreza is non-illuminated). Maybe if you dig a little more you can find a car that has passenger switches just like the 14+ Foresters but illuminated.

Here's the write up I did on retrofitting them to my Impreza to give you an idea of how to go about retrofitting from another car.
Retrofitted factory illuminated window switches

In previous model Subarus, Nissan made all of the window switches, so you might be able to find something from a Nissan-brand car. I found some amber illuminated ones out of an Infiniti that work in my 08 Forester and 02 Impreza.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts