Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what the dimensions are of the opening in the double din pod for the XT? Horizontal and vertical dimensions will do. If a person was wanting to mount an lcd screen in such a pod would it be possible with little effort? Anyone have experience with doing this? What type of lcd screen should I look into? Thanks.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
yelnats_J said:
Can someone please tell me what the dimensions are of the opening in the double din pod for the XT? Horizontal and vertical dimensions will do. If a person was wanting to mount an lcd screen in such a pod would it be possible with little effort? Anyone have experience with doing this? What type of lcd screen should I look into? Thanks.
I can get the dimensions for you tonight if I remember.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,253 Posts
yelnats_J said:
Can someone please tell me what the dimensions are of the opening in the double din pod for the XT? Horizontal and vertical dimensions will do.
Did you mean the gauge pod double din?
If so I measured mine, it is 172 mm x 100 mm.
Keep in mind that the corners are not square like the radio opening. But I think you are clever enough for this not to be a big problem.:D

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport 2.5XT
282 Posts
Can't really add anything to this thread (since dimensions were already disclosed)... But I had that VDO clock in the center too. :p

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
A 7" LCD display will fit perfectly behind this.

This one is a Xenarc 7" that was just glued behind the opening. Works like a charm!

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tanks you guys
What are you planning to do with yours Will?

·
Registered
98 Posts
CreoSTi - what are those 2 gauges for on either side of your steering column, and how are they mounted?

Anybody - when you buy the XT gauge pack housing, does it come with a plate to mount the OEM clock below the gauges, or does that only come with the factory gauge pack itself?

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport 2.5XT
282 Posts
Retserof said:
CreoSTi - what are those 2 gauges for on either side of your steering column, and how are they mounted?
They are 52mm Omori gauges (oil temp. and oil pressure) mounted in an Autometer gauge bezel.

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Techy101,
Do you know the part number and where I can order a double DIN gauge pod to suit '03 XS (dark grey/black) like yours?
How much was yours?
Thanks,

M

·
0 Posts
Thank you very much. As soon as the credit card is below "MAX", I'll order one.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X
3 Posts
What are the dimensions on the interior of the pod. My 7" screen will fit in the window by my displays body is 7 3/4" wide due to buttons on one side.

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
821 Posts
Did you mean the gauge pod double din?
If so I measured mine, it is 172 mm x 100 mm.
Keep in mind that the corners are not square like the radio opening. But I think you are clever enough for this not to be a big problem.:D

I fit a 7" DVD in my double din but the screen tilts and I had to take my Dremel and trim the edges just a bit. Did not turn out as neat as I'd hoped.

Where did you get this triple gauge pod housing? I've been looking but only found one on Ebay which turned out to be too large so I had to make one out of sheet metal. I love the look of that one.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,685 Posts
how do you remove the doublel-din housing? i forgot if it was the front- or rear-side first.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,451 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts