·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i Tour CVT
72 Posts
Your Forster DOES lock the doors automatically?
Mine does not. Would be nice if this is possible.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,712 Posts
My 2014 Forester XT does lock the door automatically when driving or if I shift out of P. I went through the options/settings, didn't find any. Is that how it is or am I missing something?
So which is it? It seems that if you get out of Park..that's all there is. How can it also lock when you drive off (position in Drive)?

We have had this discussion before..I didn't think that it had auto door locks.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
228 Posts
No it does not have this function. You're going to have to go through the long, painful, torturous process of pushing the button to lock them yourself. At least this car buckles your seat belt for you automatically.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,712 Posts
No it does not have this function. You're going to have to go through the long, painful, torturous process of pushing the button to lock them yourself. .
Exactly..and that makes more sense...the doors are locked immediately....its not brain surgery.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it does not have this function. You're going to have to go through the long, painful, torturous process of pushing the button to lock them yourself. At least this car buckles your seat belt for you automatically.
I know it's a simple button press, but it would be nice if it was automatic.

Your Forster DOES lock the doors automatically?
Mine does not. Would be nice if this is possible.
Sorry, it was a typo. it does NOT auto lock.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
2014 Forester XT - no auto door lock?

I find it odd that my 2014 XT doesn't automatically lock/unlock the doors when one starts driving along and or turns off the car before disembarking. My 2008 plain-jane Sequoia even did this? What gives? Are there certain programmable options that the dealer can add to the car with a quick visit?

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,062 Posts
Only way to get autolock is with an aftermarket alarm system.

It is not a factory feature.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium 6MT
82 Posts
This is not an issue for me, I actually find self-locking doors annoying and had them disabled on our MINI.

What I would really like to see would be a way for the window switches to remain active after turning off the engine. That way I can park and do a few things with my windows open and engine off before closing the windows and getting out. I guess we're just used to this feature on our 12-year-old Honda.

·
Registered
2014 XT CVT
52 Posts
What I would really like to see would be a way for the window switches to remain active after turning off the engine. That way I can park and do a few things with my windows open and engine off before closing the windows and getting out. I guess we're just used to this feature on our 12-year-old Honda.
I agree, I would like that as well.
I would suggest starting another thread for that and see if anyone knows anything.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5 Limited CVT
99 Posts
Door Lock Question

I've had my '15 Premium 2.5 for about a week now...I'm really having too much fun. Question: previous cars have had door locks that lock automatically when the car is put it gear (Corolla) or when a certain speed is reached (Mazda 3). I have to lock the doors in the Forester myself. Am I missing something here?:confused:

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts