Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought and 06 X last month. I was thinking of installing the door mounted factory tweeters. Are these worth it? I'm not going to upgrade the sound system yet, I mean aftermarket upgrade, so I'm looking at the Subaru accessories.

D

·
0 Posts
I did and they sound a lot better than not having them, you could pick them up pretty cheap also, and it takes less than 4 minutes to install them both. Big difference in sound. I'm pleased, and when and if you decide to upgrade the tweets after you buy the factory tweets, you could use the housing for the new ones.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,011 Posts
The tweeter upgrade is definitely worth the price. The OEM door speakers do not contain a tweeter so the tweeter kit really adds a lot to the high end. We added them to my 05 X and even the wife noticed an immediate difference.

The best part about the tweeter kit is when you upgrade to aftermarket speakers you can pickup some nice seperates and still appear stock. I recently replaced the OEM speakers/tweeters with an MB Quart component set. The Tweeters MB Quart uses are a perfect fit in the tweeter pod.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
pssst...

06 tweeter kit []b*here click*[/b]

just in case you want to know where to buy em for a good deal.

I have the "upgraded" subaru tweeters in my Impreza
they do make a difference
sounds a lot better than NOT having them :)

Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com
[url=https://www.subarugenuineparts.com][img]https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/design/logo.gif[/img][/url]
[url]www.subiegal.com[/url]

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. SubieGal, thanks. I think I'll order those.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
replied to your PM

let me know if you have questions :D

Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com
[url=https://www.subarugenuineparts.com][img]https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/design/logo.gif[/img][/url]

G

·
0 Posts
Thinking about these myself, but what happens with the wiring?
Is the wiring already there in the door or do we have to start running cables about the place?

Mick

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found install pdfs for a 2003 Forester and for the Baja. It looks like the connection wire is taped back once you pull the cover off--prewired. I remember reading on the old .com site that they are prewired.

Now, the next logical step...are the Subaru upgraded speakers worth upgrading to? I have an X. I think the Premium and Turbo already have the better speakers.

Thanks SubieGal—I ordered them with a pair of cargo nets.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
Gasman said:
Thinking about these myself, but what happens with the wiring?
Is the wiring already there in the door or do we have to start running cables about the place?

Mick

The wiring is pre-existing

if you would like a pdf file showing installation...

email me at: jamie at chaplins.com

and yes... ogopogo
i have your order - it has been packed and will ship today!!

thank you :D

Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just received my tweeter kit. Sounds much better! Thanks Subie Gal and to those who recommended the upgrade. Worth it to my ears.

It took longer to unpack them than it did to install them. Sweet!:grin:

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
ogopogo said:
I just received my tweeter kit. Sounds much better! Thanks Subie Gal and to those who recommended the upgrade. Worth it to my ears.

It took longer to unpack them than it did to install them. Sweet!:grin:

cool! glad I could help :D

enjoy!

Jamie Thomas
Jamie at chaplins.com

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Nice pics ogopogo

The SF's already have them right next to the door handle

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Prem.
80 Posts
Ok this sounds lame but I really am this ungraceful even with instructions manual. Can someone please post like step by step pictures or something of the sort for me to install my door tweeters (OEM) for my MY10 Forester.. I just got them and yeah.. Sorry guys. I'm the furthest thing from a handyman but I'm looking to get better. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Ok this sounds lame but I really am this ungraceful even with instructions manual. Can someone please post like step by step pictures or something of the sort for me to install my door tweeters (OEM) for my MY10 Forester.. I just got them and yeah.. Sorry guys. I'm the furthest thing from a handyman but I'm looking to get better. Thanks! :)
I just put OEM tweeters in MY05 FX last night. I'm not sure how similar it is to the MY10, but I'll try to walk you through it...sorry, I didn't take any pictures. It didn't require a single tool to install, and takes <5 minutes for both doors.

Roll down the window and pry off the black cover where the tweeters will go. There should be a wire harness waiting for you behind it. The tweeter has 3 plastic clips, so you just have to push it into the female ends on the door. Connect the wire harness to the tweeter. Clip the new tweeter grill into place over the tweeter. Done. If something seems difficult, you're probably doing it wrong. The tweeters even have an 'L' and 'R' marked on them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Prem.
80 Posts
I just put OEM tweeters in MY05 FX last night. I'm not sure how similar it is to the MY10, but I'll try to walk you through it...sorry, I didn't take any pictures. It didn't require a single tool to install, and takes <5 minutes for both doors.

Roll down the window and pry off the black cover where the tweeters will go. There should be a wire harness waiting for you behind it. The tweeter has 3 plastic clips, so you just have to push it into the female ends on the door. Connect the wire harness to the tweeter. Clip the new tweeter grill into place over the tweeter. Done. If something seems difficult, you're probably doing it wrong. The tweeters even have an 'L' and 'R' marked on them. Hope this helps.
I just installed my tweeters yesterday. Thanks Bigjay for the walk-thru. They sound amazing and the difference in the sound quality now as oppose to before is the difference between night and day... These made a huge impact, thanks for the advice everyone; totally worth it.

·
Registered
06 Forester 5spd man
3 Posts
Does anyone know of an upgrade for those tweeters? I really like the placement of them. I dont want to cut into my door frame to upgrade the tweeters and I dont want the woofer/tweeter combos on the floor (they sound crappy to me).

THanks guys

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5XS (AT) 4-speed Automatic
18 Posts
Does anyone know of an upgrade for those tweeters? I really like the placement of them. I dont want to cut into my door frame to upgrade the tweeters and I dont want the woofer/tweeter combos on the floor (they sound crappy to me).

THanks guys
If you're cool with buying the OEM tweeters, the install is literally as simple as removing one plastic sail panel on each door. Then you just pop the tweeters onto a preexisting mount on the door, and plug them into a preexisting wire, and you're done! Then you just put a replacement plastic sail panel (which should come with the tweeter kit) back on each door to cover the tweeters. It's as simple as that!

If you're going for an aftermarket install, it'll be much more complicated (especially if you're installng crossovers), but the most you'd have to do is remove your interior door panel which is held on by plastic tabs. Even in the worst case, there's no metal/plastic cutting required.

·
Registered
2005 Forester L.L. Bean 4EAT Auto
455 Posts
Are these tweeters from Subiegal OEM? I'm thinking about buying some and was curious. Looks like a pretty easy install. And yes, the factory stereo could use more highs and clarity. The bass in my 05 LL Bean Forester is actually pretty good. I don't know if it has a small sub or what but it needs more clarity in the highs so I am thinking about ordering these.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts