Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 forester auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 forester. The left, front side window switch or motor quit on me. I'm having a whale of a time removing the driver side door panel. I have a Haynes manual, and it's almost useless. The door handle and change cup screws are removed. All of the perimeter fast tabs are removed and the panel perimeter moves freely in and out. There is something inside, center of the door refusing to let go. And it is located between the 2 rear window switches and the change cup. From underneath the door, I can pry the lower edge of the panel open and see a Philips screw, 14 to 16 inches up. It's purpose could be to hold the switch assembly to the door panel, but it's all I can see. I'm now going to throw an extension on my ratchet and remove the screw, while, hopefully, someone reads this and tells me what the deal is here. Neg of battery is disconnected. I only made that mistake once 10 yrs ago.

·
Registered
2013 forester auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That screw was not it. But there are more fast tabs, with a screw in the center, that were holding door panel. In line with the coin cup but more rearward with closed door. They appear to have been installed with the door panel in place, but the window switch assembly out. BTW - the panel is free. Now I just have to figure how to disconnect electrical plugs. They all look different. I wonder if anyone ever thought of standardization.

Anyway, the beer's getting warm so back to work.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,250 Posts
Perhaps different on the later models, but in the early models, many members incorrectly popped the connector apart to have all the pins pull out! Then the re-pining fun starts! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2013 forester auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well fortunately, I haven't broken anything yet. The low door lamp plug is disconnected, giving me a little more room to view the window and door lock switches.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6-speed manual
177 Posts
For $35.00USD you can download the complete Service Manual from Subaru. Also there are several Youtube videos showing how to remove door panels on Foresters.

·
Registered
2013 forester auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks karlaudi. That sounds like a deal. When the forester was new the dealership told me the manual was in the $100's

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6-speed manual
177 Posts
You are welcome 2badknees.

I have spent as much or more for paper manuals which I prefer to have, but as I bought a 2010 Forester for my oldest daughter downloading the manual is fine and it makes printing reference sheets a breeze. I am a VW /Audi guy and VW offers the same service. I hoped Subaru would too and they do.

It is pretty straight forward. Download everything you find related to your Subaru and others within the subscription period. Such services are a good deal in most cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts