Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically the button that the door pushes to tell if the door is locked is broken. The car continuously beeps when the key is inserted. The problem with it, is that the small round plastic ring around the button broke off and went into the hole of the body, and I cannot get it out. The button still sticks out enough for me to be able to press it, but not enough for the door to press it. Anyone know of a permanent fix? I was thinking jamming in toothpicks so the button props out a bit further.

Oh and I'll post pictures tomorrow if needed.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
2 Posts
Me Too!

Unfortunately I don't have an answer but I have the same problem.

My sensor has been busted for three years and I've just dealt with it but I'm tired of coming back from vacation to a dead battery.

My plan is to get at the sensor so I can either cut the wires and make the connection permanently by splicing the wires together or taping the sensor into the engaged position.

Does anyone else have a suggestion (or know how to get at the sensor)?

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking taking off the side trim and somehow securing the back of it so it sticks out more.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
2 Posts
Fixed It!

So I was able to turn my sensor off. A friend of mine and I popped out the plastic pieces that go over the carpet by the door on both the front and back door frames. That freed up the plastic piece that goes between the doors up to where the seatbelt comes out.

I pulled out the door sensor and taped it up so it reads as a shut door.

*** Note that now if the passenger door is open the car won't realize it so you have to be careful ***

1 - 4 of 4 Posts