Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Thanks for stopping in. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

·
Premium Member
'21 ISM Crosstrek Limited
1,175 Posts
Done with this forum. Some of the moderators on here don't have a clue.

Thanks for all the info people, and enjoy your Foresters!!
:censored:

In my personal opinion, the moderators here are tolerant and restrained... almost to a fault. Often their input reflects, and suffices for, my own unspoken thoughts.

That said, Tony, perhaps after an appropriate reflective break and some soul searching you will gain perspective that will allow you to rescind your current position/attitude and rejoin the conversation as a more constructive partner.

Alternatively, without the opinioned conversations, factual input is always welcomed by all, anytime, especially from experienced owners such as yourself.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
7:59pm;
Done with this forum. Some of the moderators on here don't have a clue.

Thanks for all the info people, and enjoy your Foresters!!
5:30am;
back already? :N_poke:

Tony, I have noticed that you have pretty strong opinions on a lot of things and enjoy sharing them. You usually bring a counter idea or question info provided. I really do appreciate/respect your contributions, someone needs to be the critical thinker.

I'm pretty active on SF, I help where I can, post when I think I know what I'm talking about, and try to help out new members. I joined in 2008, have learned a ton, and have a pretty decent number of posts. More importantly I've made a bunch of friends all over the board in that time and consider myself part of the community.

Is it possible that you've maybe burned out on sf? You've almost posted more in 6 months than I have in 5 years.. :biggrin:
If I could suggest, maybe just take a break, go outside, work on another hobby for awhile. Come back in a few months and there will be a whole bunch of new topics and new members to chat with.

SF is like a family, you don't have to agree, or even get along.. but you never leave. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
But really! happened?

I'm not sure I agreed with you a whole lot, but I liked having you around.

Peace tho!

G

·
He posted in a moderator's thread that wasn't supposed to have extraneous discussion.

The fact that he came back to check on this thread proves that he is looking for attention and probably isn't truly "leaving", although I thought that most of his posts were informative.

·
Registered
801 Posts
He posted in a moderator's thread that wasn't supposed to have extraneous discussion.

The fact that he came back to check on this thread proves that he is looking for attention and probably isn't truly "leaving", although I thought that most of his posts were informative.
Found it.

Informative maybe. Initially he was really petulant about XTs though. Almost like he loved it when something went wrong with one. I grew to like him and his posts over time and just when that happened ....

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
Well I am not one to drag stuff into public but since the member seems to be fine with it in a public forum here it is.

Tony received a whopping 8pts infraction from me yesterday. That's 8pts that expire in 3 months, it takes 100 to get the boot. Not something I think is worthy of a temper tantrum
we are seeing here.

Why the points were issued, pretty simple and well he should have known they were coming as he has been active enough around here for the time he has been here. It isn't often warnings are put in threads, so one might want to take note on the rare chance they see one.

In this case it is there to help keep the amount of moderation required by the staff to a minimum and keep the thread straight to the point with simple facts. It isn't a thread for opinions or arguing back and forth on the subject, which I thought I made that clear in the first post.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...ere-service-schedule-fb25-owners-only-228738/

This thread is not open for comments. Any comments from non-FB25 owners or those who didn't vote or other than the requested info will be deleted and points given.
So yes points were given to Tonyford by me and this is what I was greeted to in my PMs when I logged on after work today. The infraction message he received and what he sent me.

tonyford said:
flstffxe said:
Dear tonyford,

You have received an infraction at Subaru Forester Owners Forum.

Reason: Disrespecting Forum Leaders/Insubordination
-------
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...ere-service-schedule-fb25-owners-only-228738/

This thread is not open for comments. Any comments from non-FB25 owners or those who didn't vote or other than the requested info will be deleted and points be given.
-------

This infraction is worth 8 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
LMFAO you must be kidding me. Listen, remove me from this forum, most people, not all remind you, are ignorant to the fact that they are ignorant.

If you couldn't see that your poll is useless with the 100 of thousands of FB25 out there and only 28 people acknowledging your poll how can it determine ANYTHING?

It was a short and pleasant ride my friend, take care.
Seeing as you have blown this up and brought it into the public forum, I'll respond to your PM here instead.

Tony, there is no reason for me to remove you from the forum. If you don't want to come back, you don't have to. As of now it is your choice to make. Seeing that you have started this thread, returned to it and last logged in at "Last Activity: Today 02:22 PM", it looks like you have made your choice.

As for my poll being useless. If you only knew. Data collection has to start somewhere right. Polls don't magically go from zero votes to a meaningful quantity, takes participation from people, the longer they run and the more people vote, the more accurate they are. I am going to guess you are aware of how polling works since you yourself cast a vote not 24hrs prior to the comment that you chose to get your points with.

If anyone thinks I am picking on Tony, take a look at post #3 and 4 in that thread:shrug: Guess how I found out I couldn't give points to another moderator:icon_razz:

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,249 Posts
Sometimes I think we are too nice. I should've booted Tony a long time ago and we wouldn't be here today.

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
IMO the "infraction message" sent via PM should state that it takes 100 to get banned, and that those 8 points will fall off in a few months.

Just saying "may result in restricted access" makes it sound like you are being banned.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully all members can learn a little from this.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,249 Posts
Just saying "may result in restricted access" makes it sound like you are being banned...
Restricted access and banned are two different things. Sorry but that distinction is obvious.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Restricted Access does sort of sound like "banned". I read it as banned at first, but I also may be behind the curve a bit (even if I've been here forever).

Never knew there was a points system. Good thing it's not 12 points like it is to loose your license here in CO, haha.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.