Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After discussions with Roo we have offered one of our Data Monitors as a prize for a Donation Raffle to raise funds for subaruforester.org

For those that are not aware of our monitors here are a few details..

The Data Monitors plug directly into the vehicles OBD ( On Board Diagnostics ) socket, power and ground is also taken from the same socket allowing for very simple installation.

The following information is available from most ECU's

LIVE DATA MONITORING (display layout can be custom configured)
Battery voltage - Volts
Engine Speed - RPM
Vehicle road speed - MPH or KMH
Coolant temperature - Degrees C
Intake temperature - Degrees C (This is not charge temp.)
Fuel injector pulse width - Milliseconds
Ignition point - Degrees BTDC
Knock correct - Degrees (Ignition Timing)
Lambda air/fuel ratio
Throttle position - %
Air flow meter mass - Grammes Per Second
Boost pressure - Bar (user selectable from either ECU or External sensor)
Oil Pressure (additional sensor required)
Oil Temperature (additional sensor required)
Exhaust Gas Temperature (if available from ECU)

READING OF CURRENT AND HISTORIC FAULT CODES

ECU/FAULT CODES RESET

SHIFT LIGHT CONTROL WITH ADJUSTABLE SETPOINT (LAMP NOT SUPPLIED)

EXTERNAL ALARM/SHIFT LIGHT OUTPUT

USER ADJUSTABLE ALARMS MONITORING
Battery voltage low
Battery voltage high
Boost pressure (user selectable from either ECU or External sensor)
Coolant temperature

WATER INJECTION/NITROUS CONTROL

RECORDS PEAK READINGS (USER RESETABLE)
Engine speed - RPM
Boost Pressure - Bar (user selectable from either ECU or External sensor)
Road Speed - MPH or KMH
Coolant Temperature - Degrees C
Exhaust Gas Temperature (if available from ECU)

CLOCK

USER SELECTABLE OPTIONS:
BAR or PSI
MPH or KMH
Degrees C or Degrees F
Boost ECU or Boost External
Lambda or AFR

MPH TO KPH

Data monitors will fit into any Forester with a spare single DIN slot, we also offer pod mount versions using Genuine subaru pods as below...

'98 - '02 Forester

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Subaru_Accessories.nsf/WebInternetAccessories/8B28213A3329203580256D59005597DB?Opendocument

'03 - '06 Forester
A similar Subaru pod is available for these model years ( i have one fitted in my vehicle ), Subaru part no. H0010SA000 ( described as - Navi Panel Kit).

If a spare single DIN slot is not available the data monitor can be fitted using the above pods, available from Subaru dealers. or via PSi3 Ltd.

Over the past 3 years we have sold in excess of 2500 Subaru specific Data monitors.

The data monitor will work on post '98 Subaru's with a standard ECU - including re-mapped/re-flashed ECU's.

Please note - Unit features may vary according to specification of vehicle ECU supplied data.

We hope to be regular contributors to this forum and aim to help wherever we can so please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Roo will be along soon to fill in the details for the terms of the Donation Raffle

Many thanks

Simon Jarvis
[email protected]
www.psi3.co.uk

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Details of the Donation Raffle...

First, I'd like to thank PSi3 for their generous donation of this monitor. I was recently at their website looking at details of this, and this sounds like a really great solution for those of you looking for complete information of how your Forester's running.

Here are the details:

1. Participation - This is open to any member who wishes to donate to our maintenance and upkeep/buy the database fund. A minimum donation of $10(USD) is required to enter, and while more donations are gladly accepted, to keep this fair, only one entry per member. Staff members are ineligible for prizes.

All of you who have donated previously, don't fret. You're automatically included in this as well.

2. The donation drive ends on February 1st, at midnight, Pacific Standard Time. This will be calculated by the time stamp that Paypal places on the confirmation email which arrives in the inbox.

3. All members who have entered will be placed on a list (we'll also know because of your title), and will PM a number between 1-1000 to one of the staff members. To make things fair, we will be keeping the numbers secret, until all of the numbers are in. That way, we don't have number "sniping". In the event of two members picking a single number, the first PM time posted will be assigned the number, and the others will be given a chance to pick another number.

4. When all the numbers are in, they will be posted here in a "drawing" thread. We will then use a random number generator to pick a whole number between 1-1000. Your number simply has to be closest to one of the random numbers we choose (one for each prize), and you win first place. In the case of a tie, the members that are involved in a tie will face a run-off, and pick a number between 1-100. The winner will be notified via email, and must submit their name and complete mailing address.

5. The winner will receive the prize via mail as soon as possible.

Good luck, and everyone, take a look at the website. You might just wind up buying one of these!!

:D :D

I just wish you had a solution for an OBD-I vehicle like my '94 SVX. I'd be all over that, and then share with some SVX friends at www.subaru-svx.net

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Update

We, thanks to another member donation, have a second and third place prize up for grabs.

The second place prize is an Agency Power lightweight crank pulley.

The third place finisher will get a Prodrive hat, the fashion accessory which mimic enjoys.

If we find more stuff to gve away, we'll be sure to post here. We might find some things laying around.

(1/15/06) We found some stuff laying around....or at least [email protected] did!! :D :D

Let's see...one shifter kit...oh...look here....one of those neat battery tie-downs...AND, especially for all of those who got exhausts recently...a set of hangers!!

Thanks, Tom. We appreciate your support!!

:D

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Re: Update

Roo said:
We, thanks to another member donation, have a second and third place prize up for grabs.

The second place prize is an Agency Power lightweight crank pulley.

The third place finisher will get a Prodrive hat, the fashion accessory which mimic enjoys.

If we find more stuff to gve away, we'll be sure to post here. We might find some things laying around.

(1/15/06) We found some stuff laying around....or at least [email protected] did!! :D :D

Let's see...one shifter kit...oh...look here....one of those neat battery tie-downs...AND, especially for all of those who got exhausts recently...a set of hangers!!

Thanks, Tom. We appreciate your support!!

:D
At the rate we're collecting prizes, we're definitely bettering your odds of winning something. I'd put some calendars in courtesy of Marin Subaru, but I'm not sure they're suited for the FAMILY garage. :evil: :evil:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Last day to get in on the raffle! The donation drive is ending tonight at midnight PST, so if you have been thinking of joining the ranks of our contributing members and getting in on the chance of winning one of the neat prizes, now is the time! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.