Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Don KOPS Advice

6K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Richard Day 
#1 ·
Pretty much what it says above plus any other advice greatly received. The ECU on the Forester Sport as you know, Andy Carr couldn’t get into and a new programme has to be written.

This was an open map.

Question, if I had the ETek Licence remap that Powerstation used to do, would they get into the ECU and do a remap?

I also hear rumours that they may be back in business in a small way doing remaps. Does anyone know of this and any advice gratefully received.

If not I will have to wait for a new programme to be written and by all accounts Andy is a very busy bunny.

Cheers.

Alan

#2 · (Edited)
Alan,

If open source programming is going to be a "long time coming", I believe Ecutek may have you covered.

Below is a list of their Subaru coverage...........

EcuTek - Subaru Tuning Suites

Probably the K-line 2004

However best bet would be to ring them up with details of the ECU fitted to the 2007 Crossport (build ended in November 2007)

I "believe" it will be a 22611AG574 as it's an SS (Sports Shift) model. (previous year models being *AG572 and *AG573 ref 2G)

Powerstation did re-emerge as "Plum Crazy Performance" for a short while but were dissolved in October 2018.

#4 ·
Hi Don a bit gobsmacked really. Checked your list and Litchfield is about an hour from me. Know them of old especially Vicky whatshername drove the fsti on the5th gear programme. Looked on their website and Subaru is listed Foresters etc. Just rang and have been told we don’t do Subaru any more. Asked if he knew anyone local that did Subaru’s. Can’t help. Pretty sad about this. ATVB Alan

#8 ·
Hi Don, rang ecutek today and didn’t find the lass that answered the phone very helpful. I went for David Hendry tuning in Malmsbury. I’ve just rang them to be told the owner has just passed away. Got hold of Indigo in South Wales who are going to map it next Wednesday. They were very good on the phone and I see good reports on google about them. Thanks for the heads up and I will let you know how I get on. ATVB. Alan

#11 ·
Spoke to Thwaites at Lemington very helpful chap.Mark I think his name was. He cant get into the ECU of a Cross Sport and would have to get someone to write a programme to get into it. Same as Andy Carr said. The chaps at indigo seemed knowledgeable and knew straight away what I was talking about ( more reassuring than the lass atEcutek). He said we will try a flash drive and if we cant get in, use the Ecutek to get in and standard practice have to pay for the Liscence for the first time. Same as Powerstation used to. Ive tried, First Post, TDR, David Hendry, Litchfield, and now Indigo. Bit of a trek but Imbooked in 9on wednesdy morning so an early start. Well keep you posted and thanks for the replies. ATVB. Alan

#15 ·
Interesting day. Busy busy place lots of cars in some from Gibraltar and Switzerland! They have their own software programmers for Subarus but they couldn’t get into the ECU.

Had to Ecutek it.

On the phone to Ecutek several times. Apparently there are 4 fuel line programmes and they had neve seen this before they set a programme up for the 4 as 1 nd it worked.

Weird cables as well and thankfully Anthony had one he’d used yoinks ago and t fitted.

Right, here’s the weird thing.

He reckons they are around 230 stock, on the rollers it is 184.

It’s becuase its an Auto he reckons.

He mapped to gave it an extra 50 on the rollers so 234 on the rollers.

In real terms he reckons 230 plus 60 on the day so 290.

It’s mapped for 95 Ron. Lose the Cats, bigger into older and use super, good for over 300.

It was pointed out on Evos, they have a manual and its 400 plus.

The same model in Auto and its 360 on the rollers.

They said its on the road that matters.

They took it out all plugged in to the lap top and altered stuff on the roads.

When they were happy they came back and asked me to have a play.

Totally different car, quicker pick up from moving off very smooth and you look at the Speedo and are surprised as you don’t think you are making as much progress.

On the way home a dipstick in a Seat FR who tried to drive me off the road got a shock.

He followed me for quite a distance and the Forester was the better of the 2 marques.

Top people and I would recommend them nice friendly and they know their stuff.

So, if you have a Cross Sports they can map it for you.

Long trek and long day but worth it.

ATVB.

Alan

#17 ·
Brilliant session with Anthony today at Indigo. Bigger intercooler plus down pipe. It drives great really pulls well. However on the rollers it only shows 256 hours but 300 pound a foot. Reckon because it’s an auto, which they have told me before always autos don’t show correct figures. I have been researching this and it’s around 18% less than what it really is. That would be another 46 brining it to 302 which feels about right. I’ve had a few Fozzies and know what the different powers are. Perhaps KOPS could explain in his usual efficient way what the story is?

Either way, I’m well chuffed and the drive back from Wales was brilliant. Happy days. ATVB. Alan

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.