Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bad head on my DOHC Forester. I also have two good SOHC heads and intake for free. The heads will bolt on, the way I see it I can:
1) make it run, but not pass inspection (due to CEL)
2) change the whole wiring harness and comp (which would take a lot more time, money and work than replacing the bad DOHC head)
or
3) find/make an adaptor plate for the DOHC intake.

Has anyone done this? Is there an adaptor available?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
I have not heard of anyone swapping from DOHC to SOHC or back without swapping harnesses. I believe you will run into more problems than just the intake.

·
Registered
04 Forester
29 Posts
What was bad on the head? Seems like its only one from what you are saying. I cant see how they would bolt on - comparing my SOHC and DOHC motors the DOHC is obviously larger. Where are you getting your information?

·
Registered
99 Forester S
77 Posts
Not cheap, but they exist...

From carldavey.co.uk/product.php?id=16

These adaptors are designed to allow fitment of early Phase 1 or Phase 1.5 inlet manifolds to later Phase 2 cylinder heads. Ideal if you want to reap the rewards of the more efficient MY99-onwards cylinder heads available without the hassle of intstalling the later specification manifold. The adaptors can also be used to fit a more free-flowing Phase 1 or Phase 1.5 inlet manifold to a MY99-onwards car already fitted with the later specification cylinder heads.The 20mm thick spacers bolt directly to the Phase 2 Impreza cylinder heads, the Phase 1 or Phase 1.5 manifold is then bolted to the adaptors. Anodised silver for a lasting finish the adaptors are supplied with all the necessary stainless steel bolts and washers for installation. Please specify which manifold you are fitting when ordering.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts