Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Xt Luxury
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Just bought an early 2005 Forester XT with the leather seats etc.

I can't seem to find any good seat covers or pet containers to protect my leather seats from my husky.

How do the rest of you guys keep your leather seats safe from the dog?

·
Registered
246 Posts
If I had pets I ONLY get leather....so much easier to clean, just wipe down:icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I had a German Shepherd when I owned a Supra Turbo w leather seats. I bought a "sacrificial blanket" from salvation army for $5 and put that over the seats when he was in the car. Kept all the mud & dirt from park walks from getting on the car. Simple , cheap and effective.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
I've got one of these:

http://www.scoobymods.com/car-seat-seat-protector-t2760.html?t=2760

I use to use it under my kids car seat but now I put it down if I'm going to put my dog on the front seat in the Miata (I can turn off the airbag on that side) and it seem to work well. What I use to do with our lab is put one of my t-shirts on her too. That kept the hair that flys around to a minimum. silly but it works and my lab is so mello she could care less...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Bought one of those bench seat hammock thingies after my dog sliced a clean 3" cut into my leather backseat the other day. In retrospect I should've probably chosen the quilted version, but I settled for the cheap one (well, not really that cheap either).

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
74 Posts
If I had pets I ONLY get leather....so much easier to clean, just wipe down:icon_cool:
Agreed. My dog only weighs 40 lbs, but I've never had problems with her ripping the leather. The only thing that annoys me is the hair, and leather wins on that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts