Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '06 X Premium.

Thinking about getting the Dog Guard/Compartment Divider.

The factory accessories brochure says it should not be used with child saftey seats that use tether straps.

Anyone have experience with this?

I got a (lightly) used divider for $25 for my '98 Outback Wagon at the dealership service dept. back in 2000.

Does the divider from '03-'05 Foresters fit the '06 (w/sunroof)?

Where's the best place to get a deal on one?
Know of any other non-subie dividers that fit?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
03-06 dog guards are identical, but you're right, they can't be used with the child seat tethers. If you're looking to buy new, you can get it from SubieGal at subarugenuineparts.com : https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=831

Ebay has lots of those universal fit dog guards for like $20, but I think they're the kind that will leave indentations in your headliner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I disagree that the dog grad can’t be used with a child se

I disagree that the dog grad can’t be used with a child seat tether. Its more like some seat tethers can’t be used. I have a seat connected via latch. The tether I have fits nicely through the dog guard grate and connect to the roof mount. It took about five minutes to figure out which opening in the grate would not come in contact with the strap when tightened.

·
04 XS Prem Gold
2004 2.5 XS Premium 4EAT
277 Posts
Silke, this is Larry. Larry, this is Silke. :) Larry & I have known each other for something like 15 years (maybe more?) and worked in the same area of the same companies together for most of that time.

Welcome to the forum Larry! I'll have to take another look at your car this week, I don't recall seeing the dog guard when i saw a few weeks ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts